Recent Non-Trad, cGPA 3.62 /sGPA 3.52 / Pending MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rouge.poppy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a recent chemical engineering graduate with a cGPA of 3.6, six months in the workforce, and I realize I prefer the environment of the clinic & hospital I volunteer at over my current and future environment in engineering.

Currently, my sGPA is 3.52 and cGPA is 3.62.

For sGPA, I'm think the following Engr courses I took would count:
  • [Chem] Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
  • [Chem] Chemical Kinetics & Reaction Engineering
  • [Phys] Transport I
  • [Phys] Transport II
  • [Bio] Synthetic Biology
  • [Bio] Biomolecular Engineering
If I included Biochemical Engineering, I would have a 3.54, but I'm trying to be conservative.

If I didn't include any of those, my sGPA would be 3.83, so for anyone who has applied as a ChemE, it would be really helpful if I received clarification on what counts as BCPM.

Finally, since I wasn't necessarily thinking of medical school, I was a bit more gung-ho about the courses I took and ended up with something like this:

upload_2016-10-21_8-0-6.png

My late drop was in a BioE course and my 10 Units NP were in two introductory language courses.

At this point, I'm studying for the MCAT and plan on matriculating 2019, but I'm beginning to grow worried about this. Any ideas on how to address something like this in the next few years, as well as in interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-21_7-59-1.png
    upload_2016-10-21_7-59-1.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 22