Recently sent in applications: What are my chances?

boomchakalak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

What are my chances of getting an interview and about when should I expect them? I sent in my last supplemental application around the first week of september. I haven't heard anything from the schools for interviews yet so I'm assuming that no news is good news so far.

Here are my stats:

Science GPA: 3.48
Total GPA: 3.44

Academic Average: 21
Science Average: 21
PAT: 16 (boooo!!)

I have about 75 hours of shadowing experience both at a general dentist and at a free clinic that I volunteer at. I'm getting my degree in Chemistry which is a hard degree at my university. My GPA for the past two years has been a 3.79 so I'm continually improving. I'm also a Native American descendant. What are my chances at getting an interview at the following schools:

Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Baylor College of Dentistry
Creighton University
Marquette University
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine
Oregon Health and Science University
University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
University of Washington
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey

Members don't see this ad.

I hope you're WICHE if you're applying to both UW and OHSU cause they primarily do in state applicants with the exception of WICHE. Also, your PAT score might be below the cutoff of some schools. I can't remember the exact number but you may want to verify with the schools you're looking at what there cutoff score is so your app doesn't get thrown out automatically. I also thought UMDNJ was out of state unfriendly but you may want to double check that.

Hello all,

What are my chances of getting an interview and about when should I expect them? I sent in my last supplemental application around the first week of september. I haven't heard anything from the schools for interviews yet so I'm assuming that no news is good news so far.

Here are my stats:

Science GPA: 3.48
Total GPA: 3.44

Academic Average: 21
Science Average: 21
PAT: 16 (boooo!!)

I have about 75 hours of shadowing experience both at a general dentist and at a free clinic that I volunteer at. I'm getting my degree in Chemistry which is a hard degree at my university. My GPA for the past two years has been a 3.79 so I'm continually improving. I'm also a Native American descendant. What are my chances at getting an interview at the following schools:

Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Baylor College of Dentistry
Creighton University
Marquette University
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine
Oregon Health and Science University
University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
University of Washington
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey

Your chances are high.