About the ads

1. Free Financial Webinar with White Coat Investor! Monday evening at 7:00 PM EDT, hear about the Top 5 Financial Considerations for Starting Residents from White Coat Investor's Dr. James Dahle. Register here. Hope to see you there!

Recently sent in applications: What are my chances?

Discussion in 'School Specific Discussions' started by boomchakalak, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the DAT
  1. boomchakalak

boomchakalak

Pre-Dental

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello all,

What are my chances of getting an interview and about when should I expect them? I sent in my last supplemental application around the first week of september. I haven't heard anything from the schools for interviews yet so I'm assuming that no news is good news so far.

Here are my stats:

Science GPA: 3.48
    Total GPA: 3.44

Academic Average: 21
    Science Average: 21
    PAT: 16 (boooo!!)

I have about 75 hours of shadowing experience both at a general dentist and at a free clinic that I volunteer at. I'm getting my degree in Chemistry which is a hard degree at my university. My GPA for the past two years has been a 3.79 so I'm continually improving. I'm also a Native American descendant. What are my chances at getting an interview at the following schools:

Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
    Baylor College of Dentistry
    Creighton University
    Marquette University
    Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine
    Oregon Health and Science University
    University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
    University of Washington
    University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
  2. dmdluffy

dmdluffy YOSH!!~

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I hope you're WICHE if you're applying to both UW and OHSU cause they primarily do in state applicants with the exception of WICHE. Also, your PAT score might be below the cutoff of some schools. I can't remember the exact number but you may want to verify with the schools you're looking at what there cutoff score is so your app doesn't get thrown out automatically. I also thought UMDNJ was out of state unfriendly but you may want to double check that.
  3. bing12

bing12

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Your chances are high.