Recommendation Letter Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khalidjohn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning on applying this fall. Can you guys give me some help on who i should ask for a recommendation letter. I know that i can get an excellent recommendation letter from the chancellor of Academic Affairs and another excellent one from one of my psychology professors. but...

Do you think that these two people would be better (excellent recommendation) or should i ask my science professors *maybe a good recommendation from them*

Thanks for the help in advance..

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with the chancellor and a science prof.

A letter from a DPM is probably the keystone, though. The schools want to make sure you have a good understanding of, and interest in, what pods do on a day to day basis.

GL

I'd go with the chancellor and a science prof.

A letter from a DPM is probably the keystone, though. The schools want to make sure you have a good understanding of, and interest in, what pods do on a day to day basis.

GL

I have to agree as well……I think the chancellor shows an incredible amount of credibility for a LOR…and I think the Science professor's LOR would be more convincing than the Pscyhology LOR(I don’t mean to bash on psychology)….When I applied for podiatry schools, I ended up using 2 LOR’s from my biochemist professors, 1 LOR from a MD, and 1 LOR from a DPM.

I got a letter from my major department chair and 2 letters from the 2 DPMs I shadowed. I know that at Scholl you shadowing a podiatrist is a requirement, at least for my class it was.

Your best option is a science prof for sure, but also try to get a podiatrist as well. :)