Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dapremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a problem if I don't ask a pre health advisor to write me a recommendation letter. I don't think she knows me that well! I have asked another advisor to write me a letter, and I'm positive she knows me really well. So what are the thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, should be good to go. Just look at school's requirements for LOR and make sure you have enough to meet their criteria. I am not sure I have ever seen one ask specifically for an adviser

Are you talking about a committee letter from your pre-health advisor? If not, it's better to have a LOR from someone that knows you well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you switching from one pre health advisor to another pre health advisor? I don't see why that would be an issue as long as you get a committee letter. If you're just talking about another type of advisor in your school (my school had departmental advisors, for example) I would potentially reconsider that as schools tend to be suspicious if you didn't use your school's committee letter.