Recommended Post-Bacc programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srmalone

Malone
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm 27 and looking to go to medical school. I need to take my pre-req's as my undergrad degree is in business. I am looking to go to a medical school that has a lot of CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) or ideally Ayurveda (medical system of India). Also, I am looking to skip the lag year and find a post bacc program that has a linkage with a good medical school...preferably one with a good amount of CAM.

It's a tough order, but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Also, any pros and cons of just trying to take pre-req's at the university of which I'd like to attend and hoping that I get in?

Thanks for the assistance...

Members don't see this ad.

Great question, as I am in your same shoes. My undergrad degree is in information technology and I am also missing my core requirements.

Have you found anything as of yet? Your question hits the nail right on the head as it can be time consuming to take individual courses from a local university.

Not having much experience in this process, anyone can see the advantages of finding a good post bacc program that has strong ties with a good school!

I hope something comes of this thread...

Thanks,

-utopify

You won't find many US MD schools that do ANY CAM whatsoever. You certainly won't find any that do the Indian stuff. That said, Bryn Mawr, Goucher, and Columbia all have the linkage, avoid the lag year, programs with various schools.
You'd find a ton more of CAM stuff in D.O. schools.

be prepared to dedicate 2 years full time
go to the aams website and see the lists of accredited programs and
good luck

bsc accounting
mps env scie
accepted to columbia post bacc