Recruiters are pissing me off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sylvanthus

Attending
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was an idiot when I graduated and put my CV up on a recruiting website not realizing I had stupidly forgot to take my personal contact information off my CV. I've been getting hammer called, texted, emailed like crazy at all hours by recruiters. They never give any details whatsoever, are very vague, and quite frankly irritating. I may have to change my number/email because of this as they share my info with other recruiting companies so there is no way to just block them. Word to the wise, use a different email if you stupidly do the above like I did.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
UPS store address and burner cell phone number. It solves all these problems.

I was an idiot when I graduated and put my CV up on a recruiting website not realizing I had stupidly forgot to take my personal contact information off my CV. I've been getting hammer called, texted, emailed like crazy at all hours by recruiters. They never give any details whatsoever, are very vague, and quite frankly irritating. I may have to change my number/email because of this as they share my info with other recruiting companies so there is no way to just block them. Word to the wise, use a different email if you stupidly do the above like I did.

It's unavoidable. I've been getting those calls for 10 years. Even if you're careful and never post it, chances are you'll speak to a recruiter at one point or another for a quick locums gig and then your number gets out there and it's all over. I honestly don't mind at this point. I have the Verizon caller id feature that lets me know if it's a locums agency and I simply don't answer and let it go to voicemail. Occasionally, I'll answer just to see what the offer is or let them know my price and they will make a notation not to call me unless it's a certain amount. That being said, not having worked for a locums agency in years...they seem to call me less, now that I think about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They also like to send emails these days tugging at the heartsrings of EM docs to cover covid infested EDs for paltry rates.

• Angry
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Giving the information to ACEP is enough to start getting those calls and emails. Either that or my residency program sold us out. Which is more likely?
It's unavoidable. I've been getting those calls for 10 years. Even if you're careful and never post it, chances are you'll speak to a recruiter at one point or another for a quick locums gig and then your number gets out there and it's all over. I honestly don't mind at this point. I have the Verizon caller id feature that lets me know if it's a locums agency and I simply don't answer and let it go to voicemail. Occasionally, I'll answer just to see what the offer is or let them know my price and they will make a notation not to call me unless it's a certain amount. That being said, not having worked for a locums agency in years...they seem to call me less, now that I think about it.

A recruiter texted me. I said he couldn't afford me. He asked, "how much?" I replied, "$400/hr". His reply was that that is "$100-175 over market". I replied to that that, "any place paying $225/hr is a dumpster fire."

He stopped responding after that.

Reactions: 7 users
Just start blocking and don't stop. Eventually they stop once you've blocked them all. It takes a while but it definitely works.

I love these locums offers coming out of NYC. $300/hr. Hahahahahahahaha. I don't think I would do it for $1,000/hr. Whoever is taking this rate is a true covidiot.