"Recruiting Docs A Challenge to Military"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

island doc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just read an interesting in article in the August 2005 issue of US Medicine (www.usmedicine.com) entitled "Recruiting Docs a Challenge to Military".

Landstuhl Army Regional Medical Center, the flagship combat hospital for the military, had NO active duty staff neurosurgeon and was forced to rely upon civilian Red Cross volunteer neurosurgeons from the US. Astounding...

"When you pull a doctor (reservist) out of their private practice for the first time, its great, they will love it." How absurd...

Your thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

This is bizarre.

(I offered to go there. All they needed to get me would have been one of these blue passports. After a year of the military buerocracy laboring about the issue, they decided that they wheren't that hard up for qualified staff and said no...)

f_w said:
This is bizarre.

(I offered to go there. All they needed to get me would have been one of these blue passports. After a year of the military buerocracy laboring about the issue, they decided that they wheren't that hard up for qualified staff and said no...)

Are you a neurosurgeon?

Are you a neurosurgeon?

No, but another specialty they where supposedly so terribly short-staffed in, that they had to close/fuse facilities.