regarding lor..urgent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ash78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i have got the lor from my professor.Now i came 2 know about the matching form.Can i attach the matching form on the sealed envelope and send to caapid as it is not easy to ask the prof.2 redo it.plz advice.

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone,
i have got the lor from my professor.Now i came 2 know about the matching form.Can i attach the matching form on the sealed envelope and send to caapid as it is not easy to ask the prof.2 redo it.plz advice.
caapid need copy of recomendation not sealed you can copy it and send after you carefuly open it and by that you will not lose the sealed enveolp

caapid need copy of recomendation not sealed you can copy it and send after you carefuly open it and by that you will not lose the sealed enveolp

Copy of letter is fine.But you cannot open the sealed envelope.The purpose of sealed envelope is that we should not see what is written in the letter or open it.
If possible ask your professor to send another copy of a letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Copy of letter is fine.But you cannot open the sealed envelope.The purpose of sealed envelope is that we should not see what is written in the letter or open it.
If possible ask your professor to send another copy of a letter.

I agree. u don't open sealed envelopes..just ask for another copy..

Hey Ash 78 ...u can attach matching form on sealed letters...no need to open it..i did the same way and my application is complete....

hey ash 78 ...u can attach matching form on sealed letters...no need to open it..i did the same way and my application is complete....

hi sucy,
thanx for the help.do i need to contact the caapid regarding this or i can go ahead.moreover, which all documentys need to be send to the caapid?

HI SUCY,
Do v need to send lors to diffrent universities or caapid will send it.in case i need to seprately sen dthe lor do i need to sen dthe match form to all the univ.plz reply

Hey Ash 78 ...u can attach matching form on sealed letters...no need to open it..i did the same way and my application is complete....
i have a doubt. should the lor should be within one year of the application deadlinE? I GOT THE LOR ON JUNE 2009 .IS THAT POSSIBLE TO SEND IT LIKE THAT?

hey lucky dentist..
i believe LORs have to be within 1 year of the university's deadline .so, i think you will have to get new ones,since it's already june 2010 and your's are dated june 2009.:thumbup:

hey ash
once you submit the LOR'S to CAAPID ,you donot need to send them to the universities that have their application submission via CAAPID. caapid will take care of it for you.
for those that do'nt accept CAAPID ,you have to send them the lORS along with the rest of documents.
hope this helps.:thumbup:

hi sucy,
thanx for the help.do i need to contact the caapid regarding this or i can go ahead.moreover, which all documentys need to be send to the caapid?
Ash, caapid needs lors and ECE evaluation with matching forms..these r the only documents we need to send...check the frequently asked questions in caapid website...

HI SUCY,
Do v need to send lors to diffrent universities or caapid will send it.in case i need to seprately sen dthe lor do i need to sen dthe match form to all the univ.plz reply

U should check each univ. website to find their requirements...some schools ask you to send the lors directly to them after submitting caapid..schools don't need matching form...hope this helps

HI SUCY,

hey ash78
what is match form?? what is the purpose? would be great if you could clear this doubt to me. thankyou very much.

hey ash78
what is match form?? what is the purpose? would be great if you could clear this doubt to me. thankyou very much.
hI pbkal,
Match form contains the applicants information and the recoomendaers details which we need to fix with the correct recommendation.For ex.Prof.A recommenation should have profe.A match from showing appliacnt and recomm.information so that letters dont get mis matche.I hope i am correct and clears ur doubt.

Hi friends,

I have LOR from dean & faculty member dated april, 2009. And has letter of volunteer dental assiatnt & of observership from dentists of North america dated june 2010, so wat should i do? which letters should i submit?
And I have one more problem, i already submitted my deans & one dentist(where i work as assistnat) but not 3rd one as i was confused if to send observership letter or letter of my dental school faculty member, & letter of dentist which i sent was same as i sent last year, now i got letter again with little changes in it & wanted to send that dentist's letter alongwith my 3rd LOR but caapid say only letters which i submitted first will be considered:(
I have not submitted my whole application yet to caapid, so wat should i do?? pls do reply
Thanx in advance

Hi friends,
Do we have to send original of the ece to caapid or will the photocopy do?

Hi friends,
Do we have to send original of the ece to caapid or will the photocopy do?

caapid accepts photocopy of evaluation report, i called and asked them.. so i am sure.
good luck.

hI pbkal,
Match form contains the applicants information and the recoomendaers details which we need to fix with the correct recommendation.For ex.Prof.A recommenation should have profe.A match from showing appliacnt and recomm.information so that letters dont get mis matche.I hope i am correct and clears ur doubt.

thankyou very much ash78. i got it.

anybody please??

Hi friends,

I have LOR from dean & faculty member dated april, 2009. And has letter of volunteer dental assiatnt & of observership from dentists of North america dated june 2010, so wat should i do? which letters should i submit?
And I have one more problem, i already submitted my deans & one dentist(where i work as assistnat) but not 3rd one as i was confused if to send observership letter or letter of my dental school faculty member, & letter of dentist which i sent was same as i sent last year, now i got letter again with little changes in it & wanted to send that dentist's letter alongwith my 3rd LOR but caapid say only letters which i submitted first will be considered:(
I have not submitted my whole application yet to caapid, so wat should i do?? pls do reply
Thanx in advance

anybody please??

Hi, please check the website of every college u r applying to coz some of them specifically ask for:
1. letter from dean
2. lor from college faculty
3. lor from person with whom u have worked
if most of the colleges need these letters, go ahead and send the caapid the lor's as stated. you can send additional letters to the college as well.
so, you have to check with college website, if nothing is specified that from whom the letters should be, then go ahead and send the best ones. US ones have a better impact, provided the person has written a good one.
i know i sound confusing, but this the best way i could explain.
hope you understand and it helps you.
All the bedt.

Thank you very much CANINE149.

Hi, please check the website of every college u r applying to coz some of them specifically ask for:
1. letter from dean
2. lor from college faculty
3. lor from person with whom u have worked
if most of the colleges need these letters, go ahead and send the caapid the lor's as stated. you can send additional letters to the college as well.
so, you have to check with college website, if nothing is specified that from whom the letters should be, then go ahead and send the best ones. US ones have a better impact, provided the person has written a good one.
i know i sound confusing, but this the best way i could explain.
hope you understand and it helps you.
All the bedt.