Regards to Recommendation requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hojjung33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to Pod forum.. wanted to ask quick question.

I was initially going for only DO schools (which I am currently).. but thinking of Podiatric schools as well in case my plan does not work out at the end.

So I'm thinking of apply to couple podiatric schools in upcoming cycle (August).. and had a quick question regards to recommendation.

I was wondering if the schools would accept recommendations that I used to apply to DO schools last year. I remember reading in Pod guidebook that school accept recommendations that was used for MD/DO schools.. but unsure if this is really true..

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your letters don't say "I recommend hojjung33 for osteopathic medical school," and instead say "I recommend hoggung33 for medical school," then you're fine. That said, you will need to shadow and get a letter from a podiatrist. In addition, I would highly recommend only applying to podiatry school if you actually want to do podiatry. I wouldn't just use it as a backup to DO school.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh ok! thank you for your response!

Reactions: 1 user