Registering for Step 3 in the military

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with this? Registering for step 3 seems a ****load more complicated that step 1 or 2 was...

What's a good state to apply through, one that doesn't require the applicant to have finished internship yet? I saw there were several, but I was wondering which ones were the fastest, if anybody has had any good experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

turkish said:
What's the deal with this? Registering for step 3 seems a ****load more complicated that step 1 or 2 was...

What's a good state to apply through, one that doesn't require the applicant to have finished internship yet? I saw there were several, but I was wondering which ones were the fastest, if anybody has had any good experiences.

Indiana, cheap and supereasy. Just be sure to give them an address you don't mind filling with junkmail. They don't sell the address you give but its a FOIA thing that it has to be public record, so its accessible to annoying people.

Don't confuse the state though which you register for Step 3 and the medical from which you get your medical license. They can be different.

For Step 3 I believe that you can choose any old state. Because I took the exam in MD, I chose MD. My subsequent medical license, however, is from Ohio.

For some information about each state's licensing requirements, check out this .pdf file.

Geo