REMOVED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The program is new and I haven't seen any hard figures posted anywhere. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted if one meets/exceeds all of the applications requirements? Is there any track record of non-medics gaining acceptance? I am considering re enlisting (perhaps into a medical field) for the chance to have a go at it rather than doing a post bac on my own dime only to rejoin the military.
The program is like 8 years old. The first cohort was in 2013 I think. I was cohort 4 in 2017. I was a non-corpsman who got accepted.

But honestly if you’re already out, it’s not worth reenlisting just for the chance to apply to this program. It’s great for people still in, but don’t risk having to ride out another enlisted contract when you could just do a postbacc. If you really want to apply to usuhs, just do it like the rest of the priors.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year, there were 29 Navy applicants, 13 were interviewed, and 5 were selected.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any details on how much higher than the requirements they were to get accepted?
The only stat I know is that the average GPA is usually around 3.6.
It’s a difficult question to answer because the stated requirements aren’t necessarily what they use to select applicants; you have to meet them to be considered, but things like your personal statement, LORs and experiences matter much more than your GPA or test scores.