Replacing Psychologicial Statistics with Regular Statistics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted244469

I was a psychology major in undergrad, so I naturally took Psychological Statistics instead of "Statistical Methods". I would like to retake this course, but other than my UG Uni, I don't know any other places that offer it. I am able to take "Statistical Methods I" at the local CC, but I don't know if would replace my Psych stat class or not. Here are the course descriptions:

PSYC 2101: (4 S.H.) 3 lecture and 2 lab hours per week. P: MATH 1065 or equivalent or MATH 1066; PSYC 1000 or PSYC 1060. Descriptive statistics. Measures of central tendency, variability, and correlation. Probability, with emphasis on sampling distributions used for prediction and hypothesis testing. Selection, computation, and interpretation of parametric and nonparametric inferential statistics, including introduction to analysis of variance.

MAT 151: Statistical Methods (4 S.H.):

This course provides a project-based approach to introductory statistics with an emphasis on using real-world data and statistical literacy. Topics include descriptive statistics, correlation and regression, basic probability, discrete and continuous probability distributions, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing. Upon completion, students should be able to use appropriate technology to describe important characteristics of a data set, draw inferences about a population from sample data, and interpret and communicate results.

Members don't see this ad.

Its an entry level statistics class.

Your intro stats and psych stats will not be very different in their teachings. I don't think its going to matter. Focus on your other reqs, get good grades, and volunteer. You'll be fine

Are you looking into it for grade replacement purposes toward the DO route, or just refreshing your knowledge? If it's just the knowledge grab, there are so many free places you could take the course. This is my favorite saved link for that purpose: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/1247592/.

As for the course to do grade replacement, there are also lots of legit online schools that have the same course offering. As @Neurogeec said, it probably isn't going to matter in the long run but if you're 100% certain you need/want it then go for it.