Navy Requieum for a Blueberry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 2 users
I read that they were to be authorized for wear through Oct 2019?

Whatever. The greens do look better, and have the advantage of not being obnoxiously ridiculous. I'm a little irritated because I have 4 or 5 sets including the Goretex thing. I can think of about 600 things I'd rather spend $600 on than a new set of uniforms I'll wear a couple times per year.

But surely the new top secret special pay arrangements will compensate me for that outlay. :-/

Members don't see this ad :)
I read that they were to be authorized for wear through Oct 2019?

Whatever. The greens do look better, and have the advantage of not being obnoxiously ridiculous. I'm a little irritated because I have 4 or 5 sets including the Goretex thing. I can think of about 600 things I'd rather spend $600 on than a new set of uniforms I'll wear a couple times per year.

But surely the new top secret special pay arrangements will compensate me for that outlay. :-/

They are. The type IIIs will be issued to recruits starting next fall, and Sailors who already have the type I will be allowed to wear them through 2019. Authorization to wear the Type III starting October 1 is command dependent.

Is it true that the blueberries turn orange when someone goes overboard into salt water?

Go ahead and jump overboard and let us know how it works out.

Reactions: 1 users
Update: the Navy, in a bizarre fit of common sense, has authorized brown boots for wear with the new green NWUs in the hospitals (with command approval).

Now I'm conflicted: is it worth it to spend several hundred dollars on new Uniforms, if it means I can wear a boot that actually breathes and isn't weighed down with steel toes? I was planning to ride off into the sunset in aquaphlage but now I feel like I might need to make the switch.

Reactions: 1 user
Update: the Navy, in a bizarre fit of common sense, has authorized brown boots for wear with the new green NWUs in the hospitals (with command approval).

Now I'm conflicted: is it worth it to spend several hundred dollars on new Uniforms, if it means I can wear a boot that actually breathes and isn't weighed down with steel toes? I was planning to ride off into the sunset in aquaphlage but now I feel like I might need to make the switch.

Only you can determine that. Are you considering getting out soon? Factor that into the decision.