Required to get recommendation letter from Florida attending to get a Florida unrestricted license?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B52slinger

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read this comment: "A few friends of mine wanted to move to Florida and they told me their problem was to get a FL license an MD/DO already in FL with a license needs to endorse them. Their problem was they were moving there and didn't know any MDs or DOs so this made that process next to impossible. So if that's still the case, unless you already have an employer with an MD or DO that can endorse you it'll be difficult, but like I said it's been a long time so things might've changed."

So if a resident is in California and they know 0 attendings in Florida they basically can't get an unrestricted medical license and practice medicine in Florida, even if they meet all the training/testing requirements? Is this true??

Members don't see this ad.

I read this comment: "A few friends of mine wanted to move to Florida and they told me their problem was to get a FL license an MD/DO already in FL with a license needs to endorse them. Their problem was they were moving there and didn't know any MDs or DOs so this made that process next to impossible. So if that's still the case, unless you already have an employer with an MD or DO that can endorse you it'll be difficult, but like I said it's been a long time so things might've changed."

So if a resident is in California and they know 0 attendings in Florida they basically can't get an unrestricted medical license and practice medicine in Florida, even if they meet all the training/testing requirements? Is this true??
If it were true, which I think would be a ridiculous requirement, I'm sure medical societies (e.g. APA) must have members willing to help colleagues obtain an endorsement. Check your local chapter.

This is not a requirement. If it ever becomes true, PM me if you need a letter endorsing you.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users