Rescheduling 2nd day due to weather?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grisha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to take the 2nd day of Step III late next week. But I'm in the Northeast and there's a big snowstorm forecasted for my scheduled day. It's still some time in the future, so the weather may not be accurate. But, if I don't take it that day, I would have taken day 1 and most likely won't be able to reschedule day 2 within the 14 day window because of the holidays... I would have to schedule it in January.

Help! Has anyone come across this situation? If I'm forced to reschedule due to weather, does the 14 day window (in between day 1 and 2 of the exam) still apply? Do you have to take day 2 at the same testing center as day 1? I would also need to extend my testing period, which expires at the end of this month!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm scheduled to take the 2nd day of Step III late next week. But I'm in the Northeast and there's a big snowstorm forecasted for my scheduled day. It's still some time in the future, so the weather may not be accurate. But, if I don't take it that day, I would have taken day 1 and most likely won't be able to reschedule day 2 within the 14 day window because of the holidays... I would have to schedule it in January.

Help! Has anyone come across this situation? If I'm forced to reschedule due to weather, does the 14 day window (in between day 1 and 2 of the exam) still apply? Do you have to take day 2 at the same testing center as day 1? I would also need to extend my testing period, which expires at the end of this month!

You need to call FSMB asap. We aren't the testing authority that would be able to answer your question.