Rescheduling a residency interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovePHandMD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couple of days ago, I scheduled a residency interview via phone and shortly afterward I realized that I might have a family/traveling conflict with that day. It is not set in stone but I am a little worried about it for personal reasons. Is it bad to call and try to reschedule? I am VERY interested in the program so I am afraid of them thinking that I am less interested in them or providing them a "red flag". I would really like to try to avoid it interfering with family stuff if possible.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Scheduling conflicts happen, and programs know that so simply rescheduling shouldn't be seen negatively (although who knows, there are probably a few programs out there that are mean enough to care). I think if you call and explain that there's a conflict and ask if there is any availability to take an alternate date, they should be understanding; they may just not have any open dates anymore.

Reactions: 3 users
I couple of days ago, I scheduled a residency interview via phone and shortly afterward I realized that I might have a family/traveling conflict with that day. It is not set in stone but I am a little worried about it for personal reasons. Is it bad to call and try to reschedule? I am VERY interested in the program so I am afraid of them thinking that I am less interested in them or providing them a "red flag". I would really like to try to avoid it interfering with family stuff if possible.

Thank you in advance!
Just let them know that you have a conflict and already scheduled something and you would really like to go to as many interviews as possible.
Once you have been scheduled, the PC will usually work with you.

Reactions: 1 user