Rescheduling an Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emkwong

Oink
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC's and WesternU's interviews are both this Saturday, November 9th. I submitted the form to request to reschedule WesternU's interview. I was wondering if that puts me at risk of not having an interview at all? I checked and they only have 2 other interview dates after this November. Also a lot of people are rescheduling interviews because of that scheduling conflict. Will asking to reschedule lower my chances of being accepted to a school?

Members don't see this ad.

^Not sure about Western, but I know that if you request for an interview change at USC, they don't give you another date, instead, they put your file back into consideration to see whether they should give you an interview at all... Weird system and I hate that they're so inflexible about it.
So yes, if you ask USC for a different date, you DO risk not getting an interview at all :/

Yes rescheduling Western's interview will lower your chances of getting accepted... or even getting a chance to interview at all.
Specifically stated in their email is that if you ask to reschedule, " it is possible that your day will be postponed for the end of the interview process, in February (if there is availability)." It is most likely their way of weeding out students who have not prioritized their program over other California schools such as USC.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same situation. This morning I confirmed my interview date with Regis and now Incarnate Word has offered me an interview. So I emailed Regis asking if it is possible to reschedule my interview and they said "we can hold your application for future consideration". I also emailed Incarnate Word about a date if I did rescheduled. Although Regis is not my first school of choice, I feel so torn about the situation that it will lower my chances with Regis. ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN in these interviews!

Reactions: 1 user
Grr why does this have to happen :(. We put in so much money just to have our applications end up in reconsideration because of schedule conflicts.

Grr why does this have to happen :(. We put in so much money just to have our applications end up in reconsideration because of schedule conflicts.
Hi, have you heard back from USC?