Rescheduling DAT during COVID-19 & Upcoming Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalproduction

Reaction score
So, I was scheduled to take my DAT on April 18th; however, given the situation and Trump's extension of shutdowns till April 30th, I feel as though it's safer to reschedule to May. I'm from New York too, so I don't know if this will be resolved in my state by that point. I was wondering if anyone else has rescheduled their DAT during this time, and if they were able to get their rescheduling fee waived because I really just don't think I should be charged for this during this time.

Also, does anyone think that this upcoming application cycle will be pushed back given the circumstances?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone feel as if Prometric will be closed for another couple of months. This COVID-19 situation is not getting any better any time soon. Personally, I don't feel safe spending 4 hours with random people taking a test. Its just too easy to get sick like that.

Reactions: 1 user
I originally had my test scheduled for March 23rd, however since the COVID shutdowns have been extended until April 30th, and Prometric centers are closed until April 16h (according to their website):

"As previously announced in March, Prometric made the difficult decision to temporarily close all of its test center locations in the US and Canada through April 15th with an anticipated resumption of testing effective April 16th. At this time, there is no deviation from this planned resumption of operations."

I ended up rescheduling my test date for May 9th and wasn't charged the retesting fee. However, as @johnbassilli1 stated, I'm also not sure if Prometric will be open in May due to the large spike in COVID cases :/ Honestly, all in all, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping I'll still be able to take this damn test before the AASDAS soft opening happens on May 12 so I can start entering in all the materials needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I originally had my test scheduled for March 23rd, however since the COVID shutdowns have been extended until April 30th, and Prometric centers are closed until April 16h (according to their website):

"As previously announced in March, Prometric made the difficult decision to temporarily close all of its test center locations in the US and Canada through April 15th with an anticipated resumption of testing effective April 16th. At this time, there is no deviation from this planned resumption of operations."

I ended up rescheduling my test date for May 9th and wasn't charged the retesting fee. However, as @johnbassilli1 stated, I'm also not sure if Prometric will be open in May due to the large spike in COVID cases :/ Honestly, all in all, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping I'll still be able to take this damn test before the AASDAS soft opening happens on May 12 so I can start entering in all the materials needed.
Hi pkris,

How you managed to reschedule the test? I originally have the test sheduled in 30 March but have not received any email notifying me how to reschedule it. I tried the self-reschedule page, it said "This appointment is past the cutoff date for modification."

H
Hi pkris,

How you managed to reschedule the test? I originally have the test sheduled in 30 March but have not received any email notifying me how to reschedule it. I tried the self-reschedule page, it said "This appointment is past the cutoff date for modification."

Hey I had this same problem. I went to Home - American Dental Association and live chatted with someone, and they helped me out. You can also email [email protected] for some help. They extended my eligibility and I scheduled it through the Prometric website.

These are the steps I took:
1. I logged onto Prometric using my old eligibility id and canceled my scheduled exam
2. I scheduled a new test using my DENTPIN number as my new eligibility ID, and I was able to sign up for a new test with no charge

If that doesn't work, you should send an email with your DENTPIN, so they can extend your test. Possibly live chat through ADA and ask for instructions

Hi pkris,

Hey! I also did not get an email notification, so I did exactly what @Twitch2Much28 did and was able to reschedule accordingly :)