rescinding acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
if I got two C+'s 2 B-'s and a B last semester in science classes that aren't prereqs can/will schools take back their acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

if I got two C+'s 2 B-'s and a B last semester in science classes that aren't prereqs can/will schools take back their acceptances?
If you have been accepted to a dental school, I would call and ask them.

I mean... I doubt it, but I'd double-check just to be sure. And then report back.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no... what if I can't get A in Biochemistry this semester... Don't feel like studying at all!

Some of the schools I was accepted to said things like:
-Finish with a GPA at or above the GPA you applied with (this one scared me to death)
-Finish at "the same academic level you've been performing at"
-Finish with grades no lower than a "B"
-Finish with grades no lower than a "C"

Those first two I listed were from my top two choices, so I was pretty nervous. I called them and asked how strict they were about their policies, and both said that they just don't want me to give up - that it's not a big deal if I get a few lower grades. Needless to say I was very relieved!

Each school is different. Your best bet - call them and keep regular contact with them. I have heard about students' offers being rescinded because of a D or several C's.

the school didn't say anything about grades after being accepted. the only thing that i saw being contingent was payments and background checks

ok I'm going to call next week but what do I say? like hey I effed up last semester do you still want me?

If you get a D, I'd say it's safe to start panicking.
He's resurrecting old threads to try to get some answers. From what I gather, it's a sociology course, not a prereq. I know Cs are required for prereqs, but at least in my school, Ds are still considered passing. So he can still graduate, and it's not a prereq. He MAY get away with it, bet he NEEDS to call the school because none of us can tell him for certain.

Reactions: 1 user
Getting a D in sociology before dental school probably won't sit well with adcoms. I have heard schools want you to perform as well as you have before you applied. No smooth sailing!

Is this really a discussion?

Almost every school has a list of what kind of academic performance they expect.

This is why your transcript that you mail in before matriculation with evidence of your degree, etc, etc is important.

Call the damn school.

Sounds like a last minute acceptance might be coming my way...

Reactions: 2 users