Research abroad???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physiologyman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a FMG attending medical school in Pakistan and wish to place in a competitive residency such as surgery though I haven’t decided yet after my 5 years of medical education in Pakistan.

Regarding research is it of any use doing basic research in Pakistan or will such research/publications not hold much bearing as compared to conducting research in America and publishing in American journals?

Is it possible to conduct a research project in Pakistan and then get in published in an American medical journal or does such an idea seem far off from happening?

How many publications and or presentation does the average medical student have when applying for residency after their 4 year of med school?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

bumb can someone please respond back with info

WRT publishing, the issue isn't really about "American" journals, but those indexed by SCI (i.e. has impact factor).

How many publications and or presentation does the average medical student have when applying for residency after their 4 year of med school?

My guess is zero.