Research Assistant/Associate jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TBIdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I'm anticipating moving to the San Diego area next fall and i'm currently looking for a research assistant job (preferably related to brain injury/neuropsychology). However, i've been attempting web searches on school and job search sites with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas of how to go about finding a research jobs?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

thanks so much.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe look up local hospitals and see if any experiments are being conducted in the psychiatry department? Another possibility is emailing professors at a school located their whose research that you are interested in and ask them if they have any positions available?

You can look into the three universities in SD - UCSD, SDSU, and USD. Also, the SD VA system has a lot of positions like this. I'm most familiar with the La Jolla VA, which has a lot of research going on, but I would think other VAs would have research as well. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

@Clinpsych8: I'll do a little more web searching and might PM you with some questions. thanks!:D