Research Assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0U1988

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just landed a research assistant job at my local university; and I get too design my own research project on the subject of my choosing in my particular field.(Audiology) Any good ideas for a good research project in Audiology?

Members don't see this ad.

It would be a bad move to just self-generate an idea or accept one offered by someone else without considering what resources you have available, what your mentor's research area is, as well as your own knowledge within the given areas of clinical audiology and/or hearing science.

What university do you go to?

Who is your mentor and what are their research interests?

What is your educational background?

What are your interests?

How much time do you want to devote to this project?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have narrowed my choices down to 4 particular areas; Ototoxic Risk Assessment, RIC/RITE Technology, SCDS (Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome), and Migraines in Balance Patients. I'll keep you posted and show you the results to my findings once I'm finished.

I have narrowed my choices down to 4 particular areas; Ototoxic Risk Assessment, RIC/RITE Technology, SCDS (Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome), and Migraines in Balance Patients. I'll keep you posted and show you the results to my findings once I'm finished.

Those are all pretty different areas. Who are you working with and at which university?