RESEARCH HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maali

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I emailed a research coordinator about a position and now he emailed me back asking what am I looking for in a position with them and my education/research background. I don't know how to respond without sounding dumb so someone give me an idea of what to say.

I have NO research background and I'm in my last semester as a freshman. I want a position for 1-2 years so what do I say?

I know it's obvious but you guys are smart and would have a way of saying it that's more convincing than just saying, freshman and no research experience lol. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You're looking to help bring your skills/capabilities to improve their research project X. You're quite passionate about research project X because Y and hope that you could improve the lab with your knowledge of Z. Attach a CV.

Reactions: 1 user
Is this for a job or for a volunteer position? If you are applying for a research tech job you are going to have a hard time since they generally go to college graduates with experience. If you are applying to work in someone's lab or on a clinical project as a volunteer just make it clear what your skills are and that you want to work with them as a student to learn about conducting research. As Boolean said above you should include something about why you are interested in what they are doing, just don't go overboard. :p