Research paper editing help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skimble

With Beans
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently finishing up my master's degree, and while I went the non-thesis route, I still did a research project and I'm in the process of finishing up the paper. I have a very rough draft done now, without the abstract or conclusion, and I was wondering if anyone with experience in scientific writing could review it for me and give advice? My research is animal related, but not vet med. We are hoping to get it published once I finish and present it to my committee. Also if there is a better resource for this kind of help, please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I would be happy to look at it for you! I have a couple publications and finished my master's thesis this past December.

I have minimal experience with scientific writing, so I might not be the first person to choose. However, I am excellent with grammar and wording. Plus, if I am not totally familiar with the topic, it might be good to see if I can understand your paper in the first place. I've always been told that scientific papers should include enough big words to make it into publishing, but be easy enough to read that someone with a minimal background in science could understand your research.

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can shoot it in my direction if you'd like. I have some experience preparing grants and am also preparing some of my work for publication at the moment. If you need an extra eye, let me know.

Also, chiming in, if you have a general idea of where you'd like to publish your work, you can go online and look at their style guide. Different journals have different requirements in regard to how they want things cited. It's probably not too importamt at this stage, but you'll eventually need it.

I have powerpoints about almost every aspect of the process from a scientific writing course I took. If you have questions about choosing journals, general formatting, different ways to organize individual sections, etc., I'd be happy to send you some of the lectures.