Research question help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephcurry69

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I needed help on my research question to make it more specific.

So far, here is my question....

Can group prejudices against an out-group (i.e. Arabs), as measured by behavioral outcomes, be positively or negatively influenced through contact or exposure to members of the target out-group?

My prof told me that I " need to refine this a bit more because it just sounds like contact hypothesis-- and told me to be specific--- like what variables belong here?"

I'm stuck and need advice on this going forward. Thanks and let me know what I can do

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I needed help on my research question to make it more specific.

So far, here is my question....

Can group prejudices against an out-group (i.e. Arabs), as measured by behavioral outcomes, be positively or negatively influenced through contact or exposure to members of the target out-group?

My prof told me that I " need to refine this a bit more because it just sounds like contact hypothesis-- and told me to be specific--- like what variables belong here?"

I'm stuck and need advice on this going forward. Thanks and let me know what I can do
You could look at your stats or research methods book, specifically, into DV and IV and its relationships and potential outcome. I am not sure you'll get answers for your paper/homework on this forum...- your class material and books should explain correlations between variables and that should be helpful in this case. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.