About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Residency after Flinders

Discussion in 'Australasia and Oceania' started by knelly, Dec 9, 2003.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. knelly

knelly Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello all! I had a question in regards to residency following medical school. I am completely lost in the literature as to the steps involved in obtaining a residency in either the US or Canada. I am a canadian, born and raised, and I have been accepted to Flinders and am SUPER excited about going. But I am worried about obtaining a residency spot. I would very much like to come back to Canada (thats my preference) but would also settle for a residency spot in the US. However, the steps involved are very unclear. So any guidance at all would be greatly appreciative.'

Thanks for your time!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
  2. knelly

knelly Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    thanks for the reply....but i was curious that even if I come from Canada, do my med studies in australia, I would still have to write the TOEFL? Sounds pretty redundant!!
  3. mgobovic

mgobovic Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Since you're just starting med school you probably won't be taking the CSA for a few years and starting around June 2004 there will no longer be a CSA. USMLE Step 2 has been divided into 2 parts CK (clinical knowlege) and CS (clinical skills). Step 2 CS is basically the CSA only now you don't have to take the TOEFL anymore. Sucks for US med students b/c they have an extra test to pay for as they have to take the CS exam too but good for us I guess since we have one less to pay for.
  4. redshifteffect

redshifteffect Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Off topic...but have you considered staying in Australia?? It's become a lot easier in the last few years with the creation of special visas that allow u to stay for internship.