residency in belgium for eu citizens?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katkacseh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I know that there are ongoing discussions about the belgian residency system, but -as far as I know- it only concerns the non-EU graduates. I'd like to ask if anyone could tell me a few words about the process for EU citizens, and our chances- is it possible to get a place in Brussels, or is it close to impossible, and the only options are the smaller cities? My dutch is fairly good, I have some publications, I am socially active etcetc so my portfolio is not bad. Opinions?
Thanks for your help!:love::love:

Members don't see this ad.

Wait, you can't find info about residencies for citizens in Belgium?

Maybe the language is the problem. French is spoken by almost 50% of the population.

You've got to directly contact the universities. Local hospitals don't take residents. It all goes through the universities in Belgium.

In Brussels there's the dutch-speaking Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the french-speaking Université Libre de Bruxelles.

2 other great universities not so far from Brussels are the dutch-speaking Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and the french-speaking Université Catholique de Louvain ( in Louvain-la-neuve)

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
my name is collins . I want to ask something about cardiology residency in belgium (preferably dutch part) . i am a non-EU 5th yr med student in ukraine.. i will graduate next yr june

1. For cardiology, how long is the residency?
2. for cardiology, which university or hospital that I should apply for medical residency?
3. what are the requirements? as i am ready to fulfill any
4. is it easy to get into the system?
4. do i get paid in the course of doing my residency?
5.what are my chances as a medical student(graduate) from ukraine.
6. after my graduation next yr, can i immediately put in for the residency or do they require any level of experience?

kindly help guys..

Hi!
I was looking everywhere but I cannot find any info about the question " if residents in Belgium get paid during their residency years?" Thanks in advance for your answers!

Hi,

Yes, residents get paid during their residency years. The salary won't raise that much during your residency, but it is pretty good.