residency question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dochopeful13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know when it comes to allopathic or osteopathic schools graduating in the top ten percent of your class will land a person a top residency and a great job after residency.

Is this true for podiatry??

Members don't see this ad.

I know when it comes to allopathic or osteopathic schools graduating in the top ten percent of your class will land a person a top residency and a great job after residency.

Of course.

But what you are missing is that in MD/DO schools, the Step 1 score and Step 2 score matter on what kind of residency you get (Derm vs family med and everything in between).

In Pod residency, there is only Pod residency so the steps are not scored but pass or fail.

Yes it does play a big part but your personality and ability to get along with the residents and attendings play a role as well.