Resources for an incoming fellow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlvinKamara

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if you have any resources for incoming fellows to get familiarized with before starting. Specifically, I feel weak on spine fluoroanatomy.

I bought Benzon’s essentials but it’s a beast of a book. Wondering if there’s something digestible and easy to get a solid basic knowledge foundation before delving into deeper study during fellowship?

Members don't see this ad.

I would pick up your Netter’s and review the actual anatomy at the spine segments. It will help you really understand what’s going on in the fluoro portion. That’s the stuff that CRNA “fellows” don’t get in their training.

Members don't see this ad :)
Furman atlas for sure.

I’d also recommend you read sis book by bogduk, but only after your first few months of fellowship as the SIS book is a bit dense.

find a really good spine replica. That plus an atlas. Learn to ID everything on each segment. BTW I have a human spine I cannot figure out how to sell. Bought it on ebay many years ago. $75 dollars plus shipping. (cannot buy them on ebay anymore).

Well, Rod what does the lovely Janice have over there? Why it is an actual human spine! What do you think that goes for contestants?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
find a really good spine replica. That plus an atlas. Learn to ID everything on each segment. BTW I have a human spine I cannot figure out how to sell. Bought it on ebay many years ago. $75 dollars plus shipping. (cannot buy them on ebay anymore).

Lots of questions. Don’t want to look in your freezer!

Any recommendations on a good spine model? I see a few on Amazon.

In med school every student was given a box with real human bones prior to anatomy lab. Was pretty cool but we had to return them.