Retake classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjpod48

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As it sits now, I will graduate college with around a 3.2 GPA and around a 3.0 sGPA. I have two c's on my transcript, one in physics and one in biochemistry. I will not be applying to school until the following cycle because I have yet to take the mcat and will do so in September, but I am unsure of the best course to take. Should I retake the classes to try and improve on the grade? Or would I be better off just preparing solely for the mcat and trying to get a good score on that? Additionally, I will be working as a medical scribe for my year off and from what I understand many schools like to see that. What would be the best course of action to take to be a strong applicant for schools like DMU and Scholl?

Members don't see this ad.

Since pod schools do not allow grade replacement, it is pointless to retake classes unless you failed, which is not your case. I would study hard for the MCAT and do your best. Applying early is your best chance of getting into either of those schools. I would suggest maybe getting a earlier MCAT date since it takes a month for your score to post. Best of luck.

Focusing on the MCAT would be your best bet. A good score would boost your application and draw attention from those lower grades. And applying early is definitely a good idea as well. Good luck! That is a hell of a test.