General Admissions & OTCAS Retake GRE? Helppp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOTLu

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my GRE results and got 150V 143Q and a 5.0 in the writing section.
Debating whether or not to retake the gre because of my quant score

I meet the exact minimum score for the quant section for the school I really want to go to (FGCU).

The other parts of my application are pretty good. My gpa is a 3.6, 600+ observation hours in 3 separate settings, 4 LOR (3 OT, 1 advisor).

What do you all recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

I meet the exact minimum score for the quant section for the school I really want to go to (FGCU).

The other parts of my application are pretty good. My gpa is a 3.6, 600+ observation hours in 3 separate settings, 4 LOR (3 OT, 1 advisor).

For most schools I applies to, they did not really consider the quant section and placed more emphasis on verbal and writing. So I would not retake it since you got such great scores and as long as you meet the minimum for quant I think you are fine. Not to mention, you have great stats.

Reactions: 1 user
For most schools I applies to, they did not really consider the quant section and placed more emphasis on verbal and writing. So I would not retake it since you got such great scores and as long as you meet the minimum for quant I think you are fine. Not to mention, you have great stats.

thank you so much for your insight!! you are the best! :)
what schools are you applying to?

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much for your insight!! you are the best! :)
what schools are you applying to?

Ah I started this year at San Jose State! Best of luck applying I know its hard and confusing, but this forum will help so much. :)

I got almost the exact same score except I'm one point below your verbal! Personally I think you're fine I'm not retaking it haha

I got almost the exact same score except I'm one point below your verbal! Personally I think you're fine I'm not retaking it haha

LOL yeah I have decided to not put myself through that mental pain ever again. We will be fine :)

Ooo yay!!!! How do you like your program so far? & Thank you so much :)

Haha it is pretty good I like my classmates and professor, I just wish it wasn't online so it was more interactive, but oh well. :)

Solid advice above! Please message me to learn more about the OT program at FGCU!