Retake Methodology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SEAHARP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I took the DAT a couple of months back & scored 17TS, 17AA, 19PAT, 19RC, 17OChem, 17Chem, 16Bio, 16 QR

I've already applied to about 10 schools and a few want me to retake the DAT. They've also told me that they combine the highest scores from different DAT attempts. So, that being said....

Should I strictly concentrate on Bio, O. Chem & Chem and not really worry about PAT, RC or QR? This would be a huge time saver in the preparation of the 2nd test.

Thanks for your advice and thoughts.

If you are going to retake, study everything.

Maybe more focus on sciences and PAT. Least on QR

So I took the DAT a couple of months back & scored 17TS, 17AA, 19PAT, 19RC, 17OChem, 17Chem, 16Bio, 16 QR

I've already applied to about 10 schools and a few want me to retake the DAT. They've also told me that they combine the highest scores from different DAT attempts. So, that being said....

Should I strictly concentrate on Bio, O. Chem & Chem and not really worry about PAT, RC or QR? This would be a huge time saver in the preparation of the 2nd test.

If you don't mine me asking, which schools told you that they combine the highest scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Study everything, you can't be sure that you're going to get the same scores on PAT, RC, or QR. You would just be burying yourself in the event those scores get lowered. Some schools value PAT and RC a lot so they are just as important as any subject. Besides, retaking a test and not improving on every subject sort of sends a bad message about your ability to learn from your mistakes and improve. But I do agree with tooth knockn, QR should be on your lowest priority but that is not to say that you shouldn't study it at all. Personally, if you really want to strengthen your application, you shouldn't have any scores below 17 (though 17 does not necessarily make you a competitive applicant in my opinion). You've been exposed to the test so you know the methods you used to study before are not sufficient to get the scores that you want. Use that as a learning tool to change how you study. Set a plan and stay on it and I'm sure you'll find that you will do much better than the first time. Best of luck!

Last edited:

I would totally just worry about your TS only IF you are comfortable with everything else. I didn't touch PAT, QR, or RC the two weeks before my exam because I was doing bad in BIO.