Retake Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Naplexfail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who retook naplex know whether NABP sends the 2nd ATT exactly after 91 days or does it some time after the 91 days expire?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you can use your initial ATT, but need to wait 90 days to register for naplex. The ATT is valid for 1 year and there is not limit as how many times you can retake the naplex as long as you wait 90 days to retake it.

Naplexfail,

I am not sure where are seeking licensure but here in Texas after you fail you must re-apply for licensure with the state BOP they then notify NABP of your eligibility to sit for the NAPLEX again after 90 days had passed. Normally when you get your failing score letter they provide you with all the information you need to re-apply and re-take the exam.

I do hope this info helps you and good luck on your next attempt.

You can do it !

I failed my naplex the first time and am retaking it next week. I had to reapply for a new ATT from NABP (about a month ago) and just received it yesterday which is about 85 days from my first attempt, but i scheduled it on the 94th day from my first attempt just to be on the safe side.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Chulgalug31

Thank you for posting the reply. Which state are you from? I am from NJ. I think the only way to apply for a new ATT is to pay up the money for the exam a 2nd time to NABP. Is that correct? Is there anything else I should do? I have finished 88 days today since my first NAPLEX attempt and still have not received my second ATT.

Guys,

Yeah, everytime you have to submit your monies to NABP in order to re-take the exam. Your original ATT is good for one year I believe.

Good luck

Yeah i contacted my school counselor about it, and they originally told me my att's good for a year. But when i tried to log into pearson vue, there was no test for me to schedule. so i contacted the NABP, and they told me i had to apply for a new att (at which point i had to pony up anohter 485). then i got a little nervous when i came close to my 90 days and i still haven't received my att, so i called the NABP again, and they told me i'd receive it on the 90th day. I actually received it a little bit earlier and scheduled my test right away for the 94th day. Oh im from NY btw. best of luck!!!

Hey Oncopharm and Chugalug

I am from NJ.The original ATT is valid for one year but not if you want to retake the NAPLEX. To retake the NAPLEX you have to submit the money to NABP again and wait for a second ATT. My second ATT came after 92 days.

1st Naplex - June 24th 2010
Received My 2nd ATT - September 24th 2010
2nd Naplex - September 28th, 2010.

I am yet to take NAPLEX the 2nd time. I hope I pass this time.

hey im pretty much in the same boat as you, i just retook mine on thursday, and now i'm dying to find out the score. best of luck to you mate!!! lemme know how it went for you.

Oncopharm2009, Chugalug31 and Naplexfail are all in the same boat. I hope we all pass. I will keep you guys posted.

Most definately,

Good luck to all of us, I took it on the 20th and, well the waiting game is on..Hopefully we will be congratulating each other very soon. Best wishes and good vibes. Naplexfail,Chugalug31 and yours-truly.

Most definately,

Good luck to all of us, I took it on the 20th and, well the waiting game is on..Hopefully we will be congratulating each other very soon. Best wishes and good vibes. Naplexfail,Chugalug31 and yours-truly.
Hi-
I am in a similar mess. I failed my exam twice and am trying for the third time. Any words of advice as to what are the best study materials, and how long should I study ?

Oncopharm2009, Chugalug31 and Naplexfail are all in the same boat. I hope we all pass. I will keep you guys posted.
Hi-
I am in a similar mess. I failed my exam twice and am trying for the third time. Any words of advice as to what are the best study materials, and how long should I study

I failed my naplex the first time and am retaking it next week. I had to reapply for a new ATT from NABP (about a month ago) and just received it yesterday which is about 85 days from my first attempt, but i scheduled it on the 94th day from my first attempt just to be on the safe side.

How did you do? Did you pass?