Retake Physiology during Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedBF

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My fiancee and I are trying to decide if she should retake Physiology or not.

She received a D during her undergrad. It's not a required a pre-rec at most schools, but it is often listed as a recommended course, and given how it's one of the more med-schoolish classes she's taken, we're unsure if med schools would hold the D against her even if she does well in her Post-bacc without retaking.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should be absolutely 100% SURE that they would be turned off.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really not sure. We've been told from current med students that physiology was one of their undergrad classes that was most representative of med school and since a lot of the school's websites list it as a recommended course I thought they might put more weight on it. But I really don't know for sure

I'm really not sure. We've been told from current med students that physiology was one of their undergrad classes that was most representative of med school and since a lot of the school's websites list it as a recommended course I thought they might put more weight on it. But I really don't know for sure
I would retake it because it is a "recommended" course and doing well in it should alleviate any concerns that a school would have. You can always apply without it but, like you said, you will see physiology again at the upper level.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, that makes sense to me. We're trying to follow @Goro 's guide to reinvention and weren't sure if it would fall into the retake prereq category or not, but I see your point

Reactions: 1 user