Retake/Planned Courses and AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TriagePreMed

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'm planning on applying as early as possible. However, I will have two course retakes during the summer. Does anyone know that if I list them as "Planned Courses" if the GPA of the old classes will be counted or will those not appear as the system will be "waiting" for the new classes? I filled an old AACOMAS to get a sense of my GPA and it appears as if they "wait" for the new grades, but I'm wondering if that's just something automatic about the system but they will put the old grade in the meantime when they see the transcript while I haven't officially finished the retake?

Members don't see this ad.

Like everyone else, I'm planning on applying as early as possible. However, I will have two course retakes during the summer. Does anyone know that if I list them as "Planned Courses" if the GPA of the old classes will be counted or will those not appear as the system will be "waiting" for the new classes? I filled an old AACOMAS to get a sense of my GPA and it appears as if they "wait" for the new grades, but I'm wondering if that's just something automatic about the system but they will put the old grade in the meantime when they see the transcript while I haven't officially finished the retake?

from what I remember, when I filled it out, it still included my old grade into the gpa but also listed the course again as IN PROGRESS right below.