Retaking Pre-Reqs to better chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

future_dpt12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not have the greatest grade in the Human Physiology course that I took in undergrad. I took separate courses in anatomy and physiology because that's how my school offered them, but I know a lot of schools offer Anatomy & Physiology together as one course and have 2 semesters of that. If I were to retake this though, would it matter if I took Anatomy & Physiology I or Anatomy & Physiology II at my local community college? It's so hard to find a college around me that offers just Human Physiology

Members don't see this ad.

I think you would have to call the schools and ask, most require a set of A and P 1+2. However, in terms of retaking since its such an important course definitely would consider retaking

It should not matter. I took Anatomy and Physio separately. However the classes are designed, they should cover the same material. But the post above is right, doublecheck with your schools to be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
That does sound like an annoyance. It seems like pure Physiology courses have become a relic and have been replaced with A&P.

If you do decide to retake it, maybe you ought to do it at the very end of your undergraduate education so the information is fresh in your head. I recently visiting a local PT program near me and heard that the incoming freshman were given a Gross Anatomy exam only one week after beginning their post-grad curriculum.

If I'm fortunate enough to be accepted into a DPT program I may contact my past A&P II professor and ask if I can sit-in on a few of his classes to knock the cob webs out and get a head-start.

Funny story, I was in the middle of retaking A&P I at a CC when I got pulled off the waitlist in late June! I think it really helped me when I started school in August. Most of my peers hadn't taken A&P in 2 or more years and our first semester of Anatomy was rough!