**Review Courses**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

priyanka

Neuro-tic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have enough $$$ to shell on a review course.

Are the review classes such as Kaplan and Princeton Review really helpful?

I heard, that they serve to build the discipline, which I believe if someone wants something bad enough, he’ll be able to discipline himself.

Secondly, I realize that the practice problems in the material they give, helps improve scores. I can always get them from someone.

Thirdly, they make the students take the tests in a simulated environment, which I think is not that hard to arrange.

The AAMC tests can always be bought.

Besides these things, what else will I be missing on, if I don’t take a review course? Do they really teach students the strategies? Or do most of the students figure out the strategies by themselves, while doing a lot of practice?

Thanks,
Priyanka

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Priyanka,

I've taken the Princeton Review and I personally feel that if you are self-disciplined and highly motivated, you should be fine without the review course. Just buy the practice materials and study at home.

Amandeep said:
Hi Priyanka,

I've taken the Princeton Review and I personally feel that if you are self-disciplined and highly motivated, you should be fine without the review course. Just buy the practice materials and study at home.

Hi Amandeep,

Can you explain, as to how they help you become disciplined and motivated? I've always heard these two words in relation to them, but never got an idea as to what it means.

"Stratergies": So do these people actually teach you any stratergies?

Priyanka

I did a Princeton Review Course and in retrospect I could have done all of the things that you mentioned on my own. However, if you are the type of person that will not sit down months before the test to review, then I would suggest the course because it makes you stay on track.