Reviewing Data from Practice MCATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ConsultantMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've done 9 practice tests at this point and am curious as to what people have done in the past successfully to take this data and identify areas to focus on moving forward. I'm using Kaplan's suite of practice materials which includes all AAMCs, and 11 Kaplan Practice tests.

My scores have pretty much plateaued, averaging a 32 on AAMCs and 34 on Kaplans. I am able to slice and dice the data by the content and difficulty (on AAMCs), but I'm struggling to find really great conclusions since it's hard to tease out which content I'm struggling with unless it's like 50-60% correct.

Does anyone else have any insight or methods with this? I also still continue to make dumb mistakes and I have not been taking these tests in the same location, which my instructor suggested I do moving forward.
I am also keeping track of why I missed answers and am getting the hang of what sorts of answers are the right ones.

Any insight on Verbal help would be greatly appreciated. I continue to hover around the 30-32 out of 40 correct. Also too, I'm finishing early on all sections (20 minutes early on BS, 10 minutes early on PS and VR), so there's definitely room to take a second, slow down and avoid silly mistakes.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

finishing early is quite frankly amazing in VR and 20 in biology dang....sounds like you just need to slow down a bit and I'm sure you will get a higher score unless the questions you're missing are straight up discrete q's that are you know it or you dont

Yes I really don't read the BS passages at all unless they are short because a lot of it is irrelevant so I guess I could start doing that. I usually get from an 11-13 on that so hopefully that'll bump me up.

For verbal, does anyone triage? I haven't been but maybe that would help me out. I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts.