RFUMS Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdmonster99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Based on the GPA acceptances thread and various posts, I would say there are a few of us on the RFUMS waitlist. Anyone get off the waitlist or know of anyone that has? Just looking for some general information and see how others are feeling about it.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard anything yet, but I e-mailed them about finding out where I was on the waitlist about a week ago, this was the reply:

"We don't really give out where people are on the waitlist, as it changes so quickly. I may say a number today, but that could change tomorrow, so it is sort of not much use to you - really. The class is currently full, but having said that, in the past April has been the month where we get the most movement. We can see on PTCAS that about 10 of the people who are currently in the class have also accepted places in other programs. So in essence they are taking up 2 spots in programs. Usually people start to make that decision in the next few weeks, so as people decide to go other places, spots do open up. And sometimes the next person on our waiting list is already in somewhere else, so we may go through 2 or 3 people to fill the one open spot. Last year the last person to come off the waiting list was 4 days before Orientation, so although we hate to make people wait that long, we will keep going through the waiting list up until the day classes start. I know that is not exactly what you were looking for, but I wouldn't give up on us just yet."

distance18, wow, that was exactly the kind of information I was looking for! Let's keep our fingers crossed and perhaps this will be the month we get off the waitlist. Out of curiosity, where else did you apply and did you get accepted/waitlisted anywhere else?