Risperdal to Invegga Sustenna conversion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryerica22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a conversion table out there for the conversion? I am seeing someone who has been off the Invega for 7-8 months and wants to try an oral medication now. Invega pill is not covered so I want to do Risperdal. Her maintenance dose was 156mg but moved to the area and just recently got a Psych appointment. Psychotic symptoms are pretty moderate for the most part. She also has Diabetes so that is why I decided not to do Zyprexa.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
After 7-8 months? Just pick the starting dose of risperidone you'd prescribe for the symptoms you want to treat right now.

Agreed. Dose response relationship is poorly understood by most psychiatrists for antipsychotics.

Invega is usually double the dose of risperidone. So if you know your sustena dose, that should tell you your invega dose, then half that to get your best guess of your risperidone dose.

Reactions: 1 user
Too bad the oral paliperidone isn’t an option. Just treat the guys symptoms, right? When the voices stop talking, you’ll be golden.

Last edited: