Riverside county regional medical center anesthesia questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goldengraham424

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently a third year at CCOM and have just about decided on anesthesia, I have been looking into both allopathic and osteopathic programs. An osteopathic program that really interested me was the RCRMC anesthesia program. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the quality of the program, or if they would recommend it? I am thinking of setting up a visiting rotation for one of my electives early next year to get a better feel for it.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally have not been to this place and not applied. But I know a few people that have been to this place and applied for anesthesia. If you have a slight interest in applying to their program or any DO anesthesia spots for that matter, you better schedule a visiting rotation at those places for this summer/fall now. Riverside and the other DO anesthesia programs are highly competitive and will only interview if you have done a rotation there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the information and quick response!

I have a friend that rotated there. He liked it and will be ranking it #1 over several ACGME programs, so I guess its good. You do have to rotate there if you want a shot at matching.

Great! Thank you! I am setting up an elective rotation there.
Has anyone heard of the quality of the program? Do they get a good case load?

Great! Thank you! I am setting up an elective rotation there.
Has anyone heard of the quality of the program? Do they get a good case load?

The program is fine from what I've heard. Not great, but not bad. You'll be competent graduating from there. I think the case load is good for an AOA program. I think they lack trauma, though. They probably lack transplant too, but that is conjecture. What are your board scores like? You should really try for Acgme anesthesia if you can. In the recent past, AOA board certified anesthesiologists were having a hard time gaining hospital privlages. Acgme anesthesia is pretty DO friendly and you do not need to be a super star or anything to match. An upper 220 or a 230 something on the usmle should be fine.

Last edited:
Apologies for the resurrection of an old thread, but this program just received ACGME accreditation summer 2015. Any recent thoughts on this program?