RO Model Update July 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The George Harrison guitar thing was creepy and unprofessional. His billing issues probably reflect pushing the limits of what billing codes were allowed (billing CNS SRS codes when SBRT codes did not exist and were not recognized by insurers) while pushing the boundaries of treatment (although not outlandish as people were treating with SBRT in Japan and Europe and a couple of US academic centers). Making unfounded claims and luring self-pay patients from Europe with those claims is what almost cost him his license. It baffles me as to why anyone with access to google would go to him as a patient.
His website is as snappy as ever

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
"Avoiding daily CTs means less radiation"

lol good pickup

I’ve had mutual patients witn Gil in mid-2000’s. His main idea was curative-intent extracranial SBRT. For things like liver mets and previously irradited lung. Patients flocked to him from all over the world, literally.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve had mutual patients witn Gil in mid-2000’s. His main idea was curative-intent extracranial SBRT. For things like liver mets and previously irradited lung. Patients flocked to him from all over the world, literally.
and here we are now with SABR-COMET. Still the beatles death bed thing and trying to brag about how not using CBCTs is a good thing is sketchy as hell

and here we are now with SABR-COMET. Still the beatles death bed thing and trying to brag about how not using CBCTs is a good thing is sketchy as hell
I come to bury Lederman not to praise him.

Still...

He's a CyberKnifer right. It uses stereoscopic "real time" bony (or fiducial) kV X-ray. It's better than nothing, the data backs that up, but there is no hard data that it makes a clinical difference vs single CBCTs. So he's doing IGRT, just not CBCT IGRT. I love CBCTs. But we were doing good extracranial with ExacTrac.

I come to bury Lederman not to praise him.

Still...

He's a CyberKnifer right. It uses stereoscopic "real time" bony (or fiducial) kV X-ray. It's better than nothing, the data backs that up, but there is no hard data that it makes a clinical difference vs single CBCTs. So he's doing IGRT, just not CBCT IGRT. I love CBCTs. But we were doing good extracranial with ExacTrac.
Wasn't sure of his setup, this just gave me pause:

I know that first hand when image guided sbrt was standard 2012 etc, he was still delivering sbrt with no igrt because he was to cheap to buy the equipment