Road to Swedish medical license for non-EU IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paki intensivist 123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a doctor from pakistan. I've completed my 5yrs medical school, 1 year internship (housejob), 4 years post graduate training in general medicine, cleared my FCPS2 exam & I'm currently pursuing a 2 years fellowship programme in critical care medicine. My fiance works in sweden. My online research indicated that I need to take a 3 yr Swedish course & some 12 months internship etc only then I'd b allowed to appear in the TULE-TEST. Before that I won't b allowed to practise in sweden. I'd like to know about the job opportunities for non-EU IMG'S in subspecialties like CCM, the procedure for application & the tests/ courses id need for good credibility. Will it really take 4- 5 years before I'm allowed to appear in a licensing exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I'm a doctor from pakistan. I've completed my 5yrs medical school, 1 year internship (housejob), 4 years post graduate training in general medicine, cleared my FCPS2 exam & I'm currently pursuing a 2 years fellowship programme in critical care medicine. My fiance works in sweden. My online research indicated that I need to take a 3 yr Swedish course & some 12 months internship etc only then I'd b allowed to appear in the TULE-TEST. Before that I won't b allowed to practise in sweden. I'd like to know about the job opportunities for non-EU IMG'S in subspecialties like CCM, the procedure for application & the tests/ courses id need for good credibility. Will it really take 4- 5 years before I'm allowed to appear in a licensing exam?
bro did you get any info about residency in Sweden..i did my MBBS from Romania now want to do residency in Sweden.
Thanks a lot and EID MUBARAK.

bro did you get any info about residency in Sweden..i did my MBBS from Romania now want to do residency in Sweden.
Thanks a lot and EID MUBARAK.

I know this is pretty old and you probably wont answer, but i was wondering how did you get into Romania med school?