Road to the...Wait for it...College Football PLAYOFFS!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamingTheLive

(something witty here)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On a lighter note. Who here is ready for some College Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title picks?

Final Four?

Heisman?

Over-rated vs. Under-rated teams?

How long can Jameis Winston go before being caught with felonious amounts of shrimp cocktail in his dorm?

Should USC put their defensive backs on lock-down? Or hire complementary lifeguards for family pool parties?

Can Mariota stay healthy? Can the Ducks finally take down the Cardinals?

How long until Coker officially takes over the reigns at Alabama? Does it really matter who is their QB is 'cuz they got more talent than the Seattle Seahwaks!

Will Auburn come falling back down to earth after a magical run?

Should Notre Dame follow the SECs lead and drop the minimum SAT score for athletes to >5 (total)?

is Hundley and UCLA for real this year?

Over-under 7 wins for Michigan?

Over-under 10 wins for Florida?

How will the Longhorns fare in their first year under Charlie Strong?

Will Trevor Knight be the Trevor Knight of the first 13 games or the Trevor Knight of the bowl game win over 'Bama?

Can the Seminoles fight off complacency and make it two in a row?

Do Pellini and his cat survive another year?

How will life be at Texas A&M after that one Josh or Jim Pigskin fellow? (Gee, what's his name again?....haven't heard much about him lately, is he somewhere in Ohio or something, never on ESPN or anything lol)

Lane Kiffin and Saban? Wait, what?

Can Wisconsin sneak past LSU and claw their way to a playoff spot?

It is about time for 3 months of pure heaven!

React.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
On a lighter note. Who here is ready for some College Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title picks?

Final Four?

Heisman?

Over-rated vs. Under-rated teams?

How long can Jameis Winston go before being caught with felonious amounts of shrimp cocktail in his dorm?

Should USC put their defensive backs on lock-down? Or hire complementary lifeguards for family pool parties?

Can Mariota stay healthy? Can the Ducks finally take down the Cardinals?

How long until Coker officially takes over the reigns at Alabama? Does it really matter who is their QB is 'cuz they got more talent than the Seattle Seahwaks!

Will Auburn come falling back down to earth after a magical run?

Should Notre Dame follow the SECs lead and drop the minimum SAT score for athletes to >5 (total)?

is Hundley and UCLA for real this year?

Over-under 7 wins for Michigan?

Over-under 10 wins for Florida?

How will the Longhorns fare in their first year under Charlie Strong?

Will Trevor Knight be the Trevor Knight of the first 13 games or the Trevor Knight of the bowl game win over 'Bama?

Can the Seminoles fight off complacency and make it two in a row?

Do Pellini and his cat survive another year?

How will life be at Texas A&M after that one Josh or Jim Pigskin fellow? (Gee, what's his name again?....haven't heard much about him lately, is he somewhere in Ohio or something, never on ESPN or anything lol)

Lane Kiffin and Saban? Wait, what?

Can Wisconsin sneak past LSU and claw their way to a playoff spot?

It is about time for 3 months of pure heaven!

React.
Michigan will win only 6 games. Wisconsin will not make the playoff. Michigan State will make the play-off, and shock the world by winning the National Championship. Jameis Winston will eat so much shrimp cocktail, he'll miss the last 6 games of the season due to iodine poisoning.

Throw your stones!

Haha! Good to have Birdstrike go first!

You're crazy. Big Ten doesn't have a true power now that Braxton Miller is out for year at Ohio State, but Michigan State has a better chance of making the Final Four...in hoops...than taking home the title this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm picking Alabama over Florida st. I think Mariota wins the hesiman and I think LSU is a bit underrated.

Petty vs Mariota for the Heisman. I think Petty wins it.

Baylor wins the Big 12 with a road win in Norman. Baylor is the new Texas.

UCLA wins the Pac, Oregon stumbles and it costs them the conference and Mariota the Heisman

Michigan State wins the Big Ten. Michigan State is the new Michigan.

Alabama wins the SEC, unless someone proves that they can actually play with them for four quarters. No Iron Bowl miracle this year.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and become the only person in the country to predict that Clemson, not Felony State wins the ACC. Although Boyd and Watkins are gone, the schedule looks good and I think they have the necessary defensive firepower to catch the shrimp thief.

The real question is who gets left out of the playoff if everyone ends up undefeated.

Wow. Old Mil going with some bold picks there! I like it! Michigan State is a popular sleeper picks with a lot of the pundits, I tend to think they'll drop off a bit. Next Saturday's game against Oregon will be HUGE.

Agree about Alabama. I don't think it really matters who their QB is. They've got soooo much talent and Saban always has them ready to go. The Kiffin dynamic is interesting though.

I think Mariota is probably the pre-season Heisman favorite, but I think they'll miss Huff and De'Anthony Thomas quite a bit.

RF, now that you're in FLA you have to at least give College Football a chance. How far are you from Tallahassee or Gainesville?

[DISCLAIMER: The OP and I know each other in real-life, so this is really just me giving him a good-hearted elbow in the virtual ribs for not returning my last PM.]

I'm not sure how far I am from Tallahassee or Gainesville, but I'm willing to bet the over/under on how many players get booked for violent/drug crimes this season, or how many actually have an eighth-grade reading level.... yet are in... college.

EDIT: While I appreciated the "Felony State" joke in OldMil's post... I honest-to-God don't know which Univ. he is referring to. Keep it classy, college football.

Last edited:
[DISCLAIMER: The OP and I know each other in real-life, so this is really just me giving him a good-hearted elbow in the virtual ribs for not returning my last PM.]

I'm not sure how far I am from Tallahassee or Gainesville, but I'm willing to bet the over/under on how many players get booked for violent/drug crimes this season, or how many actually have an eighth-grade reading level.... yet are in... college.

EDIT: While I appreciated the "Felony State" joke in OldMil's post... I honest-to-God don't know which Univ. he is referring to. Keep it classy, college football.

It's a (weak) jab at FSU. Honestly, Fsu hasn't had many off the field problems in recent. The problem is that, when they do happen, they are highly publicized and have been high profile players. I follow FSU football closely and when compared to the average D1 high profile school, we really weren't an outlier, just very closely watched.

This is when I like to point out that UF is the school that most recently graduated a football player/serial killer.