Roads Scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wahina

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know much about the Roads Scholarship? My school advisor told me I should maybe apply for one next year, but I think I would rather go to med school. I think I have kind of heard of it, like you go to England for a couple years. But none of my friends have done it or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Ya um its spelled rhodes

Wahina said:
Does anyone on here know much about the Roads Scholarship? My school advisor told me I should maybe apply for one next year, but I think I would rather go to med school. I think I have kind of heard of it, like you go to England for a couple years. But none of my friends have done it or anything.

I think the fact that you advisor is telling you to apply is a good thing, since they seem to think you are a strong candidate. From what I know, its based on academics, community service, leadership and usually some kind of participation in sports. You could always apply while you apply to medical school and then defer if you get it (which would be a huge honor, since it is one of the most respected scholarships).

Members don't see this ad :)
That would probably serve to make your resume about one line longer, and not much else. However, $250.00 is good beer money. Might as well apply, having $250.00 is better than not having it I would think.

Unless it's $250.00 in pennies!!

little_late_MD said:
That would probably serve to make your resume about one line longer, and not much else. However, $250.00 is good beer money. Might as well apply, having $250.00 is better than not having it I would think.

Unless it's $250.00 in pennies!!

not to toot my own horn, but I was a finalist for the Rhodes Scholarship (just missed it! :smuggrin: )

Anyway, if you have any questions about the application process, what it takes, interviewing, etcetc let me know.

Applying for the Rhodes was hands down the most incredible academic experience I have had thus far; I highly recommend doing the app

best of luck