Rochester Class 2009 - question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiamoth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Rochester is requiring its students to pay their fall semester fees by July 15. However, I'm still waiting on another school - this school is known to have accepted some applicants the day before school started. Would I still be able to back out of Rochester after July 15, after I take out loans and pay for Rochester's fall semester? Does anyone know?

I feel strange about calling the office and asking... can i still back out of your program? ha.

Members don't see this ad.

tiamoth said:
So Rochester is requiring its students to pay their fall semester fees by July 15. However, I'm still waiting on another school - this school is known to have accepted some applicants the day before school started. Would I still be able to back out of Rochester after July 15, after I take out loans and pay for Rochester's fall semester? Does anyone know?

I feel strange about calling the office and asking... can i still back out of your program? ha.

I think you're allowed to back out as long as you haven't started the first day of class yet. If you post on our other 2009 thread, maybe some of the second years will have answers for you. But if I were you, I'd call the financial aid office and ask.... just so you know for sure...

tinkerbelle said:
I think you're allowed to back out as long as you haven't started the first day of class yet. If you post on our other 2009 thread, maybe some of the second years will have answers for you. But if I were you, I'd call the financial aid office and ask.... just so you know for sure...

i just called the bursar's office, and they said that yes, i can still back out after july 15. i just have to let them know. i was concerned about the loan, but they said it should be okay - they just won't disburse it if i decide to switch schools.

thanks tinkerbell. i will check out the rochester 2009 thread. oh, and it's not that i have anything against Rochester... hehe. i love the school. but right now i have designated it my #2, just because I need to get away from Upstate NY. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
tiamoth said:
oh, and it's not that i have anything against Rochester... hehe. i love the school. but right now i have designated it my #2, just because I need to get away from Upstate NY. :p

Yeah, I totally understand the feeling of needing to go somewhere different :p I'm glad the money aspect won't be a problem for you. See you in August (maybe) :)

where is the main Rochester Class of 2009 thread? I haven't been able to find it ..... maybe i'm not looking hard enough.