Rock Chalk Jayhawk...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watsupdoc15

schmidty
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Keith is tha man...GO HAWKS!...big win today!...this has nothing to do with med. but oh well later

Members don't see this ad.

watsupdoc15 said:
Keith is tha man...GO HAWKS!...big win today!...this has nothing to do with med. but oh well later

:thumbup:
That was one of the absolute BEST college basketball games I've ever seen. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

oh yes, my friends, it was a great game and i was lucky enough to watch it in person. every college basketball fan (or any sports fan for that matter) should see at least one game at allen fieldhouse. it is like no other sporting event. my ears are still ringing...go hawks!

Members don't see this ad :)
That was a sweet game! And we avenged our loss to G-Tech from last year. Phleebie - that would have been a sweet game to witness. There's no place like Allen Fieldhouse. I'll be at the Iowa State game in February - can't wait!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Indeed a great game to watch in person.

Jayhawks have a solid squad, but they're no 'Cuse!!!!! SU baby!!!!!!! :smuggrin:

DrKram20 said:
Jayhawks have a solid squad, but they're no 'Cuse!!!!! SU baby!!!!!!! :smuggrin:

Syracuse? :laugh: :laugh: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

j/k ;) sorta.....

ROCK CHALK BABY.............Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooody

felipe5 said:
ROCK CHALK BABY.............Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooody

Dang you beat me to the punch on the thread....mmooooooooody...and he's pre-med as well.

greatest walk-on in the history of college basketball - MOODY!

Haybrant said:
nope; greatest walk-on is AJ Diggs; where my bears at?!

Maybe, if he woulda played at KU. :D

DrKram20 said:

wow, this is borderline absurd--syracuse is doing well this year, but they're probably not even the best team in their conference--that distinction goes to boston college, who will run syracuse out of the gym.

'cuse may only have one loss so far, but it came against a big twelve opponent (oklahoma st.) and ended in a 14 point drubbing AT the carrier dome. the orangemen will probably end up with a good record, but it'll be completely misleading because the big east (which is always overrated due to east coast bias) looks more like a midmajor conference this season.

hakim warrick and gerry mcnamara are good, but i'll take a more talented and deeper ku squad any day.

Haybrant said:
nope; greatest walk-on is AJ Diggs; where my bears at?!

also laughable. aj diggs makes minor contributions for a lackluster california squad, while christian moody starts for the #2 team in the nation. and if you're wondering where "yo bears are at", they're among the bottom dwellers of a weak pac-10 and are most likely headed to the NIT.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's nice to see that we'll be able to hit the bars and watch games in order to relax next year!

did you guys hear that both langford and moody might miss the iowa state game? that's trouble... they always give us a run for our money when we play in Iowa.

phleebie said:
....while christian moody starts for the #2 team in the nation.

You tell 'em Phleebie! :thumbup:

Not only that, but (as we hear all the time) Moody is pre-med. Anyone hear where he's thinking about attending med school?

evajaclynn said:
You tell 'em Phleebie! :thumbup:

Not only that, but (as we hear all the time) Moody is pre-med. Anyone hear where he's thinking about attending med school?

UMKC???

phleebie said:
wow, this is borderline absurd--syracuse is doing well this year, but they're probably not even the best team in their conference--that distinction goes to boston college, who will run syracuse out of the gym.

'cuse may only have one loss so far, but it came against a big twelve opponent (oklahoma st.) and ended in a 14 point drubbing AT the carrier dome. the orangemen will probably end up with a good record, but it'll be completely misleading because the big east (which is always overrated due to east coast bias) looks more like a midmajor conference this season.

hakim warrick and gerry mcnamara are good, but i'll take a more talented and deeper ku squad any day.

Alright there Pleebe's get your facts straight first. The loss was in MSG, not the Dome. Secondly, recall that 'Cuse ROLLED through the Big 12 on the way to their National Championship, which ended in that 81-78 game (I'm sure you recall that). And I don't see how you can run mouth about the strength of the Big East, even considering the UConn-Oklahoma game. The Big East is year in and year out one the strongest and deepest conferences. They just beat the crap out of each other during the conference games, which is why they don't have the greatest records. You must be thinking of the ACC when refering to east coast bias.
This is actually the deepest 'Cuse team in years. Look at what they did with Warrick in foul trouble and on the bench last night against a solid Notre Dame squad. The sophomores are playing excellent while warrick and g-mac speak for themselves. Their 2-3 causes all types of havic, I'm sure you remember. I'm not discounting KU by any means, but I think you should definitely fear this SU squad if we meet in the NCAA's.

oh thats right, osu did play 'cuse at msg--but i still consider that a home game for syracuse. and i seem to recall that some guy named carmello anthony was on syracuse's squad when they "rolled" through the big twelve. news flash--that carmello guy was pretty good, but he's no longer an orangeman.

and say what you will about the big east, but lets recall how they have fared in non-conference play so far: villanova lost to an unranked temple team, notre dame lost to depaul at home, georgetown got embarrased by oral roberts, pittsburgh lost to bucknell (whoever they are), west virginia got whooped by a poor marshall team, you've already pointed out that uconn is still licking their wounds after facing OU, and of course, as i already mentioned, syracuse's only tough non-conference game ended in a loss to oklahoma state.

i could go on but you get the point: big east teams may "beat the crap out of each other", but they've demonstrated that they can't handle the most mediocre of teams from other conferences. sorry pal, but the big east is losing ground in college basketball.

i'll concede that syracuse is a good team--hakim warrick had an unbelievable dunk the other night where he sprung flat-footed over a guy four feet away from the basket. and yes, ku knows all too well how smooth mcnamara's stroke is.

but trust me, this is an argument you cant win. ku is head and shoulders above syracuse this year, and the high-flying hawks certainly aren't afraid of an overrated zone defense.

phleebie said:
oh thats right, osu did play 'cuse at msg--but i still consider that a home game for syracuse. and i seem to recall that some guy named carmello anthony was on syracuse's squad when they "rolled" through the big twelve. news flash--that carmello guy was pretty good, but he's no longer an orangeman.

and say what you will about the big east, but lets recall how they have fared in non-conference play so far: villanova lost to an unranked temple team, notre dame lost to depaul at home, georgetown got embarrased by oral roberts, pittsburgh lost to bucknell (whoever they are), west virginia got whooped by a poor marshall team, you've already pointed out that uconn is still licking their wounds after facing OU, and of course, as i already mentioned, syracuse's only tough non-conference game ended in a loss to oklahoma state.

i could go on but you get the point: big east teams may "beat the crap out of each other", but they've demonstrated that they can't handle the most mediocre of teams from other conferences. sorry pal, but the big east is losing ground in college basketball.

i'll concede that syracuse is a good team--hakim warrick had an unbelievable dunk the other night where he sprung flat-footed over a guy four feet away from the basket. and yes, ku knows all too well how smooth mcnamara's stroke is.

but trust me, this is an argument you cant win. ku is head and shoulders above syracuse this year, and the high-flying hawks certainly aren't afraid of an overrated zone defense.

I think it's funny how you perceive the Big 12 to be this all powerful conference when it's just very top heavy with KU, OK, OK St. and Texas and alot of mediocrity. Say what you want, but top to bottom the Big East is a superior conference to the Big 12. I'll put Georgetown, WV, Seton Hall against Kansas St, Texas Tech, and A&M anyday of the week. They're all middle of the pack teams and the Big East would roll.

If you want to discuss bad loses, what about Iowa State losing to Northern Iowa, Missouri losing to Davidson, Creighton and Houston, Nebraska's loss to UAB, Kansas St. losing to Rutgers and Texas Tech getting smoked by TCU. And I don't see how you can point out 'Nova losing to Temple as a bad loss.

I see you mentioned Carmello, who is pretty damn sick I agree. But, if you go back and check the starting lineup from that game, Forth, Warrick and McNamara were all in it and they're all back, along with Pace, Edelin and a great sophomore class of Roberts, Nichols, McCroskey, and Watkins. So I really don't see how you can claim Kansas is head and shoulders above Syracuse. I just don't see that at all, but I guess we'll just have to wait and hope we meet in the tourny.

And please don't talk smack about the 2-3, it's one of the toughest defenses to face for a number of reasons including: 1. It's more of a matchup zone than traditional 2-3. 2. Syracuse is extremely long in it and creates turnovers . Notice the amount of turnovers SU forced against ND because of it and how they can trap out of it. 3. Unless you're shooting lights out from behind the arc you're going to be in trouble.

notre dame had rudy, ku has moody

Let's Go Nova!!!!!! :D :D :D

DrKram20 said:
Rock, Chalk............ummmm.........Wildcat??!!??!!

just wait til march pal

phleebie said:
just wait til march pal

I hope and pray that Syracuse and Kansas meet up in the tourny, would be a hell of a game. So are you still not going to give the Big East any credit??

But March is so long to wait just to see the Jayhawks flame out early like always...not that I would be biased or anything. Giddens is one of the biggest punks in the Big 12, without any stats to back it up.

DrKram20 said:
So are you still not going to give the Big East any credit??

gosh man give it a rest--ku played poorly and villanova shot lights out. it was a meaningless non-conference game that served as a needed wake-up call. syracuse didnt look too hot against rutgers tonight either.

and did a missouri fan really just post in a college basketball thread? are kids even allowed to play basketball at mu these days?

phleebie said:
gosh man give it a rest--ku played poorly and villanova shot lights out. it was a meaningless non-conference game that served as a needed wake-up call. syracuse didnt look too hot against rutgers tonight either.

and did a missouri fan really just post in a college basketball thread? are kids even allowed to play basketball at mu these days?

only when their "tutors" cheat enough for them to keep them academically eligable....

phleebie said:
also laughable. aj diggs makes minor contributions for a lackluster california squad, while christian moody starts for the #2 team in the nation. and if you're wondering where "yo bears are at", they're among the bottom dwellers of a weak pac-10 and are most likely headed to the NIT.

Ouch. Well, at least our football team isn't the bitch of the Pac-10, which is more than I can say about your beloved jayhawks' experience in the Big 12 over the past 20 years. Talk about a dynastry of sucking...

ajnak182 said:
Ouch. Well, at least our football team isn't the bitch of the Pac-10, which is more than I can say about your beloved jayhawks' experience in the Big 12 over the past 20 years. Talk about a dynastry of sucking...

that's a whole different topic my friend. do you really know enough about kansas football's history to talk smack about it? need i remind you that gale sayers, the "kansas comet" and arguably the best running back God ever created, was once a jayhawk?

anyhow, ku's football squad is more of a middle-of-the-pack team these days with mangino at the helm. cal's basketball team, on the other hand, probably wont even be invited to play in the "not invited tournament" this season, which would truly be an embarrassment.

DrKram20 said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
my, my, my....we've learned quite a bit in these past couple of weeks, haven't we?:

1. syracuse is not an elite team: after barely surviving scares against rutgers and notre dame, they failed to respond and lost to uconn and pitt.

2. syracuse lacks depth: you can say what you want, but the fact remains that your bench does not produce. when their starters aren't playing well (or if they're in foul trouble as was the case monday night), syracuse cannot contend.

3. teams are starting to figure out how to beat syracuse: put pressure on your boy g-mac and force him to toss up ill-conceived shots. contain hakim warrick (a couple of highlight dunks here and there wont win games). push the ball up-court in transition and beat syracuse's D down the floor for easy buckets.

4. the big east (i must concede) is for real this year. the conference doesnt have that one dominating team in the league, but it has about 6-7 teams who are pretty competitive and will no doubt make some noise in march.

5. kansas is for real.

phleebie said:
, pittsburgh lost to bucknell (whoever they are), ku is head and shoulders above syracuse this year, and the high-flying hawks certainly aren't afraid of an overrated zone defense.

PERHAPS THE MOST PROPHETIC SDN THREAD EVER?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

YEPPPER THEIR THE BISON, From Pennsylvania, but I think you know who they are by now!!!! ROCK CHALK BABY!

haha. bucknell's point guard looked like he was going to puke.

I hope all you Kansas fans learned your lesson. Thanks for giving UConn an easier road to the Elite 8 (it would have been easy with Kansas anyway, but now it should pose no problems unless the Huskies screw up against NC State).

The new sign at Phog Allen Fieldhouse (the old one made everyone uncomfortable anyway because it was so lame)...To all those who enter: Pay heed to one of the worst teams in college basketball and congratulations for your victory on the road.

DrKram20 said:
I hope and pray that Syracuse and Kansas meet up in the tourny, would be a hell of a game. So are you still not going to give the Big East any credit??
That's a good idea: a First-Round Loser Consolation Bracket. Rockem' Sockem' Robot Illini! Bam.

VPDcurt said:
I hope all you Kansas fans learned your lesson. Thanks for giving UConn an easier road to the Elite 8 (it would have been easy with Kansas anyway, but now it should pose no problems unless the Huskies screw up against NC State).

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAH.....I hope all you UConn fans learned your lesson! UConn SUCKS!

Southpaw said:
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAH.....I hope all you UConn fans learned your lesson! UConn SUCKS!

A first round loss is much worse. When did Kansas last win the national championship? Thanks for comin' out buddy. As a Kansas fan, you have no grounds for making fun of any UConn team within the past 19 yrs. Good luck with Bill Self and the rest of your worthless squad next year. That program has hit a brick wall if I've ever seen one. [sarcasm] Kansas is a very nice place though [/sarcasm].

Southpaw said:
I'm an NC State fan. And if you choose to make fun of State then feel free, but we weren't supposed to win. I'm sure the Kansas fans will enjoy your potshots at UK though. It seems that you have something personal against the state, not just the basketball program. Whatever, enjoy your off-season. Hey, good luck in football in the fall too (hehehehehe).

I'm simply not a fan of the state - I don't really have anything against it specifically - we are all Americans as far as I'm concerned so it is kind of a moot point. As for football, UConn has only been Division 1 for 2 years and we've done pretty well for ourselves. When did I take "potshots" at "UK?" Anyone that knows anything about college athletics knows that UK is the University of Kentucky. The University of Kansas is known as "KU" - I won't even get into the reasons for this.

Southpaw said:
I'm an NC State fan.

You can have your moment in the spotlight for a few days - it is well overdue anyhow. Congratulations. Maybe someday getting to the sweet 16 won't be such a big deal (with UConn - we expect to get to the final 4 and haven't been too disappointed over the past few years).

VPDcurt said:
You can have your moment in the spotlight for a few days - it is well overdue anyhow. Congratulations. Maybe someday getting to the sweet 16 won't be such a big deal (with UConn - we expect to get to the final 4 and haven't been too disappointed over the past few years).

except for this year

Go OSU! ! !

VPDcurt said:
I'm simply not a fan of the state - I don't really have anything against it specifically - we are all Americans as far as I'm concerned so it is kind of a moot point. As for football, UConn has only been Division 1 for 2 years and we've done pretty well for ourselves. When did I take "potshots" at "UK?" Anyone that knows anything about college athletics knows that UK is the University of Kentucky. The University of Kansas is known as "KU" - I won't even get into the reasons for this.

LOL, sorry about the mistype. I meant to type KU, and I thought it was obvious I was talking about Kansas. I do realize the distinction between the two schools. I'm done here. Good luck next year. You guys should be really good barring your starting lineup doesn't leave for the pros.

The only reason I said anything to begin with is because you got a little ahead of yourself talking about UConn making it to the elite 8 (barring a screwup). You practically jinxed them.

VPDcurt said:

The new sign at Phog Allen Fieldhouse (the old one made everyone uncomfortable anyway because it was so lame)...To all those who enter: Pay heed to one of the worst teams in college basketball and congratulations for your victory on the road.

What is your problem? Why do you have a personal vendetta against Kansas and its fans? Yeah, we lost in the first round. No, we didn't play up to our capabilities. We're not exactly the first team to go down early.

There is no lesson to be learned here. What's wrong with being a huge Jayhawk fan? We're not going to go against our team, even if we did lose early this year. There's still a lot of pride here in Kansas.

evajaclynn said:
I'm cheering for you guys too - good luck!

Thanks!

I'm cheering for OSU & Texas Tech----keepin' it in the conference....