Roll Call for M1..Who's in Orientation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MetalloBetalactamase

vaxn8 ya dammt kids dammt!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
At AZCOM right now..... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Kcom here, we are in our third week of class.

Members don't see this ad :)
MSUCOM. We had orientation June 12-13th. Third exam in a few days...

Reactions: 3 users
WVSOM here, orientation starts tomorrow! Eep

Reactions: 1 user
LMU-DCOM just had its first day.

Kycom orientation this week I'm here

TUCOM-CA.... orientation this friday!

Third week of classes at SOMA

Members don't see this ad :)
TCOM here...2nd week of class, first test on Monday!

Start orientation tomorrow :eek:

Reactions: 5 users
^ same. This weeks schedule looks super entertaining :/

^ same. This weeks schedule looks super entertaining :/
I'm just assuming I will fall asleep at some point. I don't do well with sitting still and listening to boring presentations

Orientation in 7 hours :D

Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk

Orientation starts tuesday for us, I really hoping there are no "team building" and other forced social activities,.

Orientation starts tuesday for us, I really hoping there are no "team building" and other forced social activities,.
Orientation starts on Tuesday for us too. However, I have already started school nearly two months ago.

Aw, is someone a little shy?

I can't seem to muster that super cockiness most incoming M1's have. Plus I'm INTJ so parties to are like :barf:

No need to be cocky, just friendly

I can't seem to muster that super cockiness most incoming M1's have. Plus I'm INTJ so parties to are like :barf:
I understand what you are saying. Everyone at my orientation has seemed really social.. Cracking jokes.. Involved.. Getting together to party; yet, I feel reserved and more introspective. The truth is, I have an extremely outgoing personality and I do party (ha), but it takes a bit for me to warm up. If you do have those social things on the first days (like we did), I would just say.. Let yourself sit back and observe or be introspective. That is totally understandable on the first days, and I would argue it is a good thing too. Being a bit reserved is not a bad trait and definitely doesn't correlate to not being friendly. There is plenty of time to settle in and find a group you associate with.

you all want to hear a cool story, I'm living on campus and my apartment is right next to the state hospital. I went outside to get some air today, then this guy walks up to me and invites me to help him kill the demons on the roof. The orderlies took him away but psychiatry is interesting lol.

you all want to hear a cool story, I'm living on campus and my apartment is right next to the state hospital. I went outside to get some air today, then this guy walks up to me and invites me to help him kill the demons on the roof. The orderlies took him away but psychiatry is interesting lol.
So you still have the old roof demons then?

Orientation sucks, you just sit there for 8 hrs while people waste your time.

Reactions: 3 users

Lol probably a psych professor trying to punk you.

Just finished 2nd day of classes.

Would rather go back to orientation.

Damn the material builds up momentum.

Just finished third day of classes here at CUSOM!

End of the first week at Nova, finally out of the awkward forced socialization period and getting into real grown-up lectures. Has anyone else had three OMM labs in the first week? We haven't even started basic sciences except for histo today.

End of the first week at Nova, finally out of the awkward forced socialization period and getting into real grown-up lectures. Has anyone else had three OMM labs in the first week? We haven't even started basic sciences except for histo today.
If you were expecting lots of science lectures, oh hoho! It's all OMM and histo for the year!!

Kidding :) Perhaps they front load a portion of the OMM so you can focus on, well, not OMM when it comes up.

We already had our first anatomy quiz here in Bradenton....

GA pcom here. Last day of orientation for us. First day is Monday. I'm terrified , but I'm ready to get to 2nd year where it seems we will be learning the cooler stuff :)

GA pcom here. Last day of orientation for us. First day is Monday. I'm terrified , but I'm ready to get to 2nd year where it seems we will be learning the cooler stuff :)

M2 will be here before you know it. It goes by quicker than you think/may like (at times).

M2 will be here before you know it. It goes by quicker than you think/may like (at times).
Sooner it comes, sooner we graduate! Lol that's fine by me

Bump: so, how was that first week of classes everyone? I studied more than I usually did in UG, but I still feel like I need to squeeze more time in. I force myself to go to class, but I feel like some classes are a waste of time,... Overall pretty paranoid and hoping to not fail the first exam! At the same time, all this **** I'm learning is cool and I want to learn it all

I've been in class for over a month now, and it's not AS BAD as I thought it was going to be. Learning time efficiency is pretty key though.