Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannaPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I would start a new thread for Roosevelt 2015 since no one else had.:)

Members don't see this ad.

my app is complete for this school...still waiting to hear anything back.
what about y'all?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting on GPA calculations from pharmcas. Going to submit the supplemental probably this weekend. Have little chance of getting in though :p

Still waiting on GPA calculations from pharmcas. Going to submit the supplemental probably this weekend. Have little chance of getting in though :p

I'm applying with a 60 PCAT & GPA 3.42 with experience in pharmacy and shadowing, volunteer, president of science club, ambassador at college.
i'm doing 2 years, so no bachelors.

what about you?

3.81gpa, PCAT-not even mentioning because its that bad hah. Im only doing two years also. Will have 81 credits after next semester. Im a tech at a pharmacy since April. Couple clubs, volunteer stuff but nothing big.

on the website, they have said that interviews are conducted from october to march, well they need to go ahead and start looking at these applications! october is here

on the website, they have said that interviews are conducted from october to march, well they need to go ahead and start looking at these applications! october is here

Totally agree...all the waiting is giving me anxiety!

I got an email from them that says they will probably start interviews in November or December. 3.3 GPA and 74 PCAT. Any one else?

Also got an email from Roosevelt this morning stating to look out for an email from them since they are still looking at possible dates for November and December.

oh wow, i didn't receive any email but my application is complete... before they kept sending me an email saying to complete my app and pay when i was in the process of completing their supplemental app. now no email. hmm

Just got an interview for November 4th!! Anyone else??!

yes me too! just checked my email little late

Members don't see this ad :)
For the additional information section, did you guys just list your extracurriculars, volunteer experience, and work experience. Or did you write a description about them in the space as well?

How long after you submitted all your stuff did you get the interview invite?

Good luck to those who have interviews coming up and if you had one already hope it went well!

I will be submitting my Supplemental this week. Hopefully I will have an interview opportunity.

Same here! hugh relief off my shoulders knowing I will be going to pharmacy school next year if am not accepted into other pharamcy schools.

Same here! hugh relief off my shoulders knowing I will be going to pharmacy school next year if am not accepted into other pharamcy schools

Were you there on the Nov. 4th interview?

Yep! I was one of the two African American males that day. You?

I was sitting in Group 1 closer to the podium, I was the Indian girl haha. I dont actually remember seeing you

Will you be attending Roosevelt?

I was sitting in Group 1 closer to the podium, I was the Indian girl haha. I dont actually remember seeing you

Will you be attending Roosevelt?

I think I know who you are, but so far yes I will be attending, but that depends on the status of the other schools that I still have to interview at. You?

I think I know who you are, but so far yes I will be attending, but that depends on the status of the other schools that I still have to interview at. You?

I also have been accepted to another school that is closer to home but I really like this school too. I am still going to decide, have a tough choice to make!

Is there a facebook page for this 2015 class?

hey, did they sent you your packet for roosevelt? Its been two weeks and I'm still waiting...

anyone else?

Jan 13th interview, I'm nervous! How was it for you guys??

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Is there anyone still looking at this thread? I got an interview for Friday February 10th. Did anybody else get one?

Accepted, still deciding on which school to choose

Accepted, still deciding on which school to choose

I have some questions if you don't mind answering:

1. How was the overall vibe of the interview?
2. Was there anything specific or out of the ordinary?
3. Was there a writing sample?
4. How many people were interviewing you and how many at a time?
5. What kind of questions were asked?

I would be eternally grateful if you can answer my questions. I don't know anything on how the school conducts their interview. Thank you very much!

I have some questions if you don't mind answering:

1. How was the overall vibe of the interview?
2. Was there anything specific or out of the ordinary?
3. Was there a writing sample?
4. How many people were interviewing you and how many at a time?
5. What kind of questions were asked?

I would be eternally grateful if you can answer my questions. I don't know anything on how the school conducts their interview. Thank you very much!

1. Very relaxed
2. Nothing out of the ordinary, just make sure you research the changing role of the pharmacist and how the profession is changing
3. Writing sample was an article given to us and we have to write a response on it, whether or not we agree with it and why.
4. One faculty member interviewing us one at a time
5. Questions were pretty straightforward, why pharmacy/why Roosevelt etc

1. Very relaxed
2. Nothing out of the ordinary, just make sure you research the changing role of the pharmacist and how the profession is changing
3. Writing sample was an article given to us and we have to write a response on it, whether or not we agree with it and why.
4. One faculty member interviewing us one at a time
5. Questions were pretty straightforward, why pharmacy/why Roosevelt etc

I am very grateful to you. I'm sorry but there are a couple of questions I forgot to ask you.

1. Was this a blind interview? Meaning that did the interviewer know nothing about you prior to the interview?

2. Were you asked any ethical questions?

Again, I would be very grateful if you would give your input.

I got the Feb 10th one. I'll be coming from CA near Los Angeles...hope it's not too cold!

Let me guess, you're from the OC. I'm from Westminster. Wanna carpool or help each other save money in the process? If not, its totally understandable.

I am very grateful to you. I'm sorry but there are a couple of questions I forgot to ask you.

1. Was this a blind interview? Meaning that did the interviewer know nothing about you prior to the interview?

2. Were you asked any ethical questions?

Again, I would be very grateful if you would give your input.

It was closed file interview so they didn't have your info out and I didn't encounter any ethical questions.

I'll be declining my acceptance here so hopefully it will give someone else a chance. Good luck everyone

It was closed file interview so they didn't have your info out and I didn't encounter any ethical questions.

I'll be declining my acceptance here so hopefully it will give someone else a chance. Good luck everyone

Again, thank you very much for your help. Interviews are kind of my weak point and I'm doing everything I can to prepare. Good luck to you and your endeavors. I wish you well.

How long did it take any of you to receive an interview invitation after they received your application?

Let me guess, you're from the OC. I'm from Westminster. Wanna carpool or help each other save money in the process? If not, its totally understandable.

I'm close by in Cerritos! I'll be staying with a friend while I'm there, otherwise I would have carpooled with you! Good luck!! :)

How long did it take any of you to receive an interview invitation after they received your application?

Without being a boasting prick, it took about a week and half. I submitted the PharmCAS and supplemental applications in early January. Here are my stats if you are interested.

Degree: BS: Cell and Developmental Biology
GPA: 3.29 (I like to think it's 3.3 :D)
PCAT: ~50%
Volunteer Experience: Clinical Pharmacy ( 2006-2011)
EC: Vietnamese Student Association (2004-2009)

I'm not the best applicant, but I make it up in some areas. Hopefully, this helps you.

Without being a boasting prick, it took about a week and half. I submitted the PharmCAS and supplemental applications in early January. Here are my stats if you are interested.

Degree: BS: Cell and Developmental Biology
GPA: 3.29 (I like to think it's 3.3 :D)
PCAT: ~50%
Volunteer Experience: Clinical Pharmacy ( 2006-2011)
EC: Vietnamese Student Association (2004-2009)

I'm not the best applicant, but I make it up in some areas. Hopefully, this helps you.

Thank you VERY much for replying AND posting your stats! :) I was really curious about average stats but was a bit shy to ask. Thanks for all your help!