Rosalind Franklin BMS Students - Low MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TiyaPakhi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

This thread is for anyone who has completed the BMS program at Rosalind Franklin and gone onto their MD program. I've read that this program is for applicants with low GPAs and pretty good MCAT scores. Would you happen to know if anyone in the program (or you) had an okay GPA and a low MCAT score? I'm considering the program, but wanted to get an idea of whether the low MCAT score hurts you when you're applying to the MD program. I'm taking the MCAT in January, but my practice tests aren't going so well.

Here are my stats:

Post-Bacc GPA (wasn't a pre-med in undergrad): 3.9
Cumulative GPA: 3.5
BCPM GPA: 3.6
MCAT Practice Tests: 25

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So, from what I've heard, your admission to CMS is determined more by your performance in the program than pre-existing qualifications. If you go back and read all the threads on this topic, you will see for yourself. The 25 MCAT is extremely low by any standard, though, and will cause some concern.

in other words, I think you'd probably have trouble getting into BMS...this program isn't meant to fix MCAT, it's meant to improve a lackluster academic record, which you don't have...

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, question. I took another AAMC verbal section today and scored two points higher. Potentially making my score a 27. Would you say that's more around the range of what BMS is looking for?

Last edited: